Windows Media Center 2005- DVR HELP!

tcoche

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2006
I should have posted this here but anyway....I live in arizona and we have a cable service through qwest communications and it is called choice tv. How this service works is there is one gateway box that operates up to three tv's at once on three different video streams. So, our living room is set up on channel 6, my roommate's room channel 7 and my room channel 13. Well, when I try to set up media center to record any movie or show it changes to that specific channel instead of staying on my channel 13 and recording the movie on channel 147 (HBO- Constantine). Not sure if that made sense but what I need is for media to recognize that the tv needs to be on thirteen but record from a different channel. I have no idea how to explain this but that was the best I can do. If anyone can help me it will GREATLY appreciated. I really want to use this DVR feature. please help!
Thanks!

cowboytech

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2006
I haven't played with that particular box yet but, as a rule, the tv would stay on lets say channel 13, then the box selects the channel (lets say 147) to send to the tv that is still on channel 13. So, the tv remains on channel 13 and watches whatever the cable box is sending to channel 13.