Help, with MS-DOS

Hello,

I am trying to re-install (repair) XP, i have just passed the password
stage and am confronted with

C:\WINDOWS

Please someone, tell me what I need to enter here, I have tried
everything I can think of, and I just need to make progress, thanks
alot.

dave

--
djgosling
2 answers Last reply

    djgosling wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I am trying to re-install (repair) XP, i have just passed the password
    > stage and am confronted with
    >
    > C:\WINDOWS
    >
    > Please someone, tell me what I need to enter here, I have tried
    > everything I can think of, and I just need to make progress, thanks
    > alot.
    >
    > dave

    This has nothing to do with MS-DOS. You have entered the Recovery
    Console.

    Description of the Windows XP Recovery Console (Q314058)
    http://support.microsoft.com/directory/article.asp?ID=kb;en-us;Q314058

    Presumably, you have a specific reason for having done this. What,
    precisely, are you trying to accomplish?

    --

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    both at once. - RAH

    You have entered the Recovery Console not the repair option.
    Visit my website http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org
    Click the Win XP Faq button and take a look at question 55

    --
    John Barnett MVP
    Associate Expert

    "djgosling" <djgosling.1mzmdn@pcbanter.net> wrote in message

    > Hello,
    >
    > I am trying to re-install (repair) XP, i have just passed the password
    > stage and am confronted with
    >
    > C:\WINDOWS
    >
    > Please someone, tell me what I need to enter here, I have tried
    > everything I can think of, and I just need to make progress, thanks
    > alot.
    >
    > dave
    >

    > --
    > djgosling