1200Watt PSU with 84 AMPS and 6 RAILS, what the.

15 answers Last reply
More about 1200watt amps rails
  1. That psu looks really nice, its even modular :D . They just keep getting bigger though, they need to make ipod sized 1000w psu's :lol:
  2. That thing has 120 amps on the 12V rails!!! 8O

    That's crazy. Way over the top.
  3. So how do you know it is only 84 amps? It doesn't say that at newegg.

    Sorry for my mistake, I've never really looked at power supplies that much before.
  4. I've been seeing alot about up coming power supplies have up to 2000Watts of output...that's right, 2000W=2KW. I just don't see how computer crap would need 2000W, my microwave doesn't even have that much power. Do you think there will be a time when people start to "rebel" against the technology industry? I mean, after a while things will consume too much juice that our houses can't handle it, they will cost too much to use, and technology is even at the point right now that when you buy something it's already considered old in a week or 2. I know there are always those few who don't care about price and will get the newest thing the second it comes out...a little like how the PS3 was/is. What do you guys think about all of this?
  5. What we really need are high performance video cards that don't have huge power requirements.
  6. Quote:

    My e-penis is swelling up just thinking about that thing.
  7. Quote:
    Yes a company is makeing a 2KW unit only to show it can be done. It will not be a production model because it would require a dedicated line like your home's electric dryer needs.


    You can do it in the UK, standard plug is 13A / 240V (mwahaha 3KV!!)
  8. Buy one and risk having Greenpeace decorating your house with rotten vegetables...



  9. Quote:
    Enermax showed how much hardware its Galaxy 1000W can power. According to Enermax, the PSU delivered 933 W to 24 80GB hard disks, four Opteron 8212 CPUs, four 3Ware 9650 drive controllers, a GeForce 7600GX and 8GB of RAM (16 x 512MB).



    wow....
  10. in australia, in the specific area im form you get 10-20A a line at a voltage of 220-255, which, in theory is up to 5100W, i doubt you could hold that stable though, your likely to get about 15A/240V stable which is still 3600W
  11. Quote:
    in australia, in the specific area im form you get 10-20A a line at a voltage of 220-255, which, in theory is up to 5100W, i doubt you could hold that stable though, your likely to get about 15A/240V stable which is still 3600W


    I have an idea... A while back I moved to a gas cooker - so I have a free 32A / 240W power outlet in my kitchen.... Anyone sell 7.6KW PSU's?
  12. Quote:



    Enermax showed how much hardware its Galaxy 1000W can power. According to Enermax, the PSU delivered 933 W to 24 80GB hard disks, four Opteron 8212 CPUs, four 3Ware 9650 drive controllers, a GeForce 7600GX and 8GB of RAM (16 x 512MB).



    wow....

    Now what hard drive did I put that file on :roll:
  13. Quote:
    Yes a company is makeing a 2KW unit only to show it can be done. It will not be a production model because it would require a dedicated line like your home's electric dryer needs.


    I think it can be done with a dedicated 20 amp 120volt circuit.
    20x120=2,400 watts
    2,400x85%=2,040 watts
    However technically you should only draw 85% of the maximum circuit current provided at the receptacle, so it's not feasible. Although I can't see anyone loading that PS to maximum. If you were to draw the full 20 amps the breaker would get quit hot and trip all the time.
  14. have you seen that one PS I think its 1200w to that has built in water cooling system..., It has like some if its components submerged in non conductive liquid.
  15. Quote:
    have you seen that one PS I think its 1200w to that has built in water cooling system..., It has like some if its components submerged in non conductive liquid.


    Yes I've seen it. Just what the super sized silent PC needs. I do have 20 amp breakers on my house, but I hope never to need to use them for my computer.
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Components