Cannot Get Past Windows Activation...

Acad77

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2006
Hello, as most of you probably know, Microsoft has updated their "Windows Genuine Advantage" add-on to where you cannot disable it. Thus, I cannot update windows and am given a "failed activation" screen. Does anyone know of any tricks to get past this new fix? I would greatly appreciate it. Please speread the word and get as many people into cracking this as you can.

TunaSoda

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2005
Hello, as most of you probably know, Microsoft has updated their "Windows Genuine Advantage" add-on to where you cannot disable it. Thus, I cannot update windows and am given a "failed activation" screen. Does anyone know of any tricks to get past this new fix? I would greatly appreciate it. Please speread the word and get as many people into cracking this as you can.

I heard you can get past this for $199

Acad77

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2006
I'm talking an underground way that requires no money transaction. Some sort of hack or what have you.

dwclou

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2006
You can still install Windows Updates through the Automatic Updates feature, without doing the genuine validation. You need SP2 installed though. Just turn on Automatic Updates to the fullest setting and click the little icon in your taskbar.