SJ

Distinguished
May 6, 2004
Hope someone can help me with this...

Everyday I get 10-15 requests for adding on to MSN contact lists of various people, obviously most of these go to my "Block list". Some days while I am doing this I receive an error saying the contact couldn't be blocked. So when logging next time I have to go through whole process of blocking them again. If I don't logon for few days I can have as many as 40-50, and driving me mad. Also my "Block list" contain almost 1000 entries and the delete option on almost 99% of these are "greyed out".

Is there a limit to the number of entries on a "block list"?
Is there a way to clear/delete all of my "Block list" leaving only "All Others" (group)?

Since the option of "All Others" available in the Block list, wouldn't it be useful to have an option to "Dismiss" (instead of blocking) when user send a request to add me to their contact list.

Thanks in advance for your help...

CHEEZball

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2006
Wow...seriously if you're getting spammed out like that, changing your address might be a ton easier for you. That would drive me just batty!

SJ

Distinguished
May 6, 2004
I was thinking the same but I thought I'll ask around for any fresh ideas... It’s just a pain to transfer all my messages, contacts, etc plus I really like my email address... It’s a shame whole bunch of idiots/spammers almost forcing me to abandon my account :x

CHEEZball

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2006
I took a look, you can remove users from your block list (*unblock user*), would be rather tedious as I think it's one at a time

When a user contacts you, can you just close the *x* instead of hitting accept? I know that doesn't put them in your contact list. Doesn't stop them from msg'ing you though...

Pain in the ass I know, but I again suggest you just change your email!

SJ

Distinguished
May 6, 2004
Like you said when I got bit of time I will most probably start moving on to a new account. Frustrating but sometime I guess you just got to let go of things, even a 10 year old hotmail account. Thanks for your comments, much appreciated.

SJ

CHEEZball

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2006
I feel your pain...I had my email attacked by spammers, was getting about 30 virus's a day, filled up that inbox quick! Had to give up my wonderful email addy *sniffle*