Sign in with
Your question

Asus P5B or P5W for DAW

Last response: in Overclocking
March 29, 2007 9:12:00 AM

Hi, I'm looking to replace my 7-year (yes, 7-year!) old computer that was used for recording audio and other things. The reason it lasted 7-years was because I had it purpose-built for digital audio using only the very best parts available a the time. It has always been ROCK SOLID!

So in replacing, I want another system that is the most highly recommended for stability and compatibility with working with audio. And I need 3 PCI slots for some pro-audio cards I have (too expensive to replace).

I thought I had it narrowed down to the Asus P5W Deluxe, as it seemed to get great reviews for stability and features. But recently I noticed a lot of folks using the P5B (not sure which model).

- What is considered the most stable and future-proof of these 2 motherboards?

I don't do any gaming, I don't overclock, and I want to run my main storage as a 3-drive RAID 5.

- If the P5B appears to be the way to go, which model is best (there's about 5 or 6 models listed on their site, hard to tell all the differences)?

THANKS A TON! This is the most important piece of the puzzle. I want a system that as much as possible will NEVER crash and last another 7 years (wishful thinking)!

More about : asus p5b p5w daw

March 29, 2007 1:45:18 PM

I have the P5W DH and love it, but I bet that either will server you well.
!