Splinter Cell: Double Agent

Mr_furiouss

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2007
Hey
im just wondering if anyone knows why my Splinter Cell: Double Agent wont work on my new 8800GTS with vista
i know i know vista vista vista
but im just wondering if anyone els has this problem with these specs and the unreal engine

amnotanoobie

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2006
I actually am not surprised that SCDA doesn't run at your pc cause even at XP the thing is still pretty buggy. Equipment that don't work, load game function that doesn't work while in-game (only the Load Last Save works while in game), sometimes crapped up images, missing polys, etc.

I think the problem is nvidia's vista drivers. Though have you tried patching the game or SCDA's support site?

speedemon

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2006
I had Scda playin on vista with an x2 and a 7900gto. Performance was significantly lowered vs xp, though I believe it was due to the 1 gig of ram i was using. Nvidia drivers :x Good luck finding fully functioning ones.

Stewartwi

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2006
Hey
im just wondering if anyone knows why my Splinter Cell: Double Agent wont work on my new 8800GTS with vista
i know i know vista vista vista
but im just wondering if anyone els has this problem with these specs and the unreal engine

I'm not sure for vista but I upgraded to latest drivers for just about everything then I had to go into the SCDA dir to the offline folder and add "LL" to the end of the SCDA.exe and then the game finally worked for me. Which it runs like a charm now but I have so many games I play I haven't even really had a chance to sit down and beat it. Goodluck to you either way.

Mr_furiouss

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2007
well it loads the game up fine no poblems there
its just the graphics
it dosent show any textures or wire frameing
all im getting is a bunch of weired ass sadows that freak me out

Stewartwi

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2006
well it loads the game up fine no poblems there
its just the graphics
it dosent show any textures or wire frameing
all im getting is a bunch of weired ass sadows that freak me out

That is weird never seen that before. Did you look on the SCDA boards to see if anyone was having the same problem?

justinmcg67

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2007
It's not your system. That game is incredibly buggy. By any chance did you get it as a combo offer with the 8800GTS? I know they offered that game for free with certain products on Newegg.com.

Scaj

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2007
Aye, I had the same problem w/ this game. When I first started playing it over a year ago it ran flawlessly on my ATI X1800XTX. After playing the first 3 lvls I decided to upgrade to the 8800 GTX and the game was unplayable with this video card under Win XP 64 bit. A couple of months ago I finally decided to dual boot my system w/ Vista Ultimate 64 bit and it's driver for the 8800 GTX cured the problem of the characters appearing like blurry blobs. The game is rather buggy but maybe there is another driver out there that will work w/ the GTS video card under Vista? No driver worked for me at all w/ the 8800 GTX using XP.

trenthatch

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2009
Hey all my older games works smooth with no issues on my Ati HD4870, I also finished Spintel Cell Double agent in windows vista 64bit. My friends 9600GT crashes in some places of the game. Good luck maby a driver update will fix the problem or try using an older driver...