Ipaq 4150 battery

June 26, 2005 5:00:59 PM

I left the unit off the charger for a couple weeks while out of town - oops.
when I recharged the unit it completely rebooted back to day one and all my
programs and setting were gone. Is this normal ??? isnt there some type of
autosave ?? any help whould be great

More about : ipaq 4150 battery

Anonymous
June 26, 2005 5:01:00 PM

Yes. this is normal. Most all of the information you add is stored in
volatile RAM and there must be power to keep it refreshed. There are backup
programs that can be used to save and restore all your data just like on a
regular PC. I believe one is even included on the iPAQ. ActiveSync also has
a backup and restore feature.

It's actually not good for the LiIon batteries to let them discharge
completely. If you are going to not use your PPC for a while it is better to
either leave it on the charger, or for extended periods (couple of weeks,
month) do a backup, fully charge the battery, and remove the battery for
storage. You'll find the battery will still be nearly full when you put it
back in, though of course you will need to restore all your data.

--
Sven
MVP - Mobile Devices

!