wozie

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2006
:roll: hi all i,m wondering if you can help ... ive got a athlon64 x2 4400 plus a as rock dual sata mother board with 1 gb of ram 2 hard drives and the 600w seasonic psu and the raddy 1900xt gfx and windows xp pro with the latest updates and i use zone alarm pro and avg antivirus and ad aware but my system hangs when ive booted up and i open any application it just freezes ive de fragged all drives and its still doing it can anyone help me please ??? cheers really need some help

pat

Expert
:roll: hi all i,m wondering if you can help ... ive got a athlon64 x2 4400 plus a as rock dual sata mother board with 1 gb of ram 2 hard drives and the 600w seasonic psu and the raddy 1900xt gfx and windows xp pro with the latest updates and i use zone alarm pro and avg antivirus and ad aware but my system hangs when ive booted up and i open any application it just freezes ive de fragged all drives and its still doing it can anyone help me please ??? cheers really need some help

i dont know if you know about structured text anyway idont have any advice for you maybe you should type something more readeable and people wont get bored at reading your mess and come up with something way more useful than my post but right now it is the more i can do there is even a preview button you can use before posting to ensure readability of your post so people wont get bored and provise real information but dont take my word for tha and just try it there is an edit button so you could edit your post to make it more readable with some periods and colons not just blank space but i,m thinking maybe you could test your ram to see if there is no errors you can download memtest86 and use it but unless you make you text more readable dont expect more

wozie

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2006
You are absoloutely correct.sorri about the writing but i was really tired and it wont happen again !! iv,e heard of mem test but not used it before,i will give it a go and see what happens. another thing i,m expecting a new graphics card from ati i also have an ati in my machine at the moment can i just plug the card straight in or is it advisable to delete old drivers (which are the latest) and reinstal that way ?? cheers all

pat

Expert
You are absoloutely correct.sorri about the writing but i was really tired and it wont happen again !! iv,e heard of mem test but not used it before,i will give it a go and see what happens. another thing i,m expecting a new graphics card from ati i also have an ati in my machine at the moment can i just plug the card straight in or is it advisable to delete old drivers (which are the latest) and reinstal that way ?? cheers all

Well, you'll have to reinstall drivers anyway, so you better start fresh