Changing location of My Documents folder

June 27, 2005 4:36:00 AM

Hi,

Is there any way to change the location of My Documents folder location?
I have a Toshiba e755 which has a Flash ROM Disc and I would like to make it
as a defult folder of My Documents, so all my notes, documents, etc. will be
stored there automaticaly and synchronized with my desktop by ActiveSync. Of
course I am looking for any trick or editing the registry, (similar to
"Target folder location" on any Windows desktop OS") that would make my
Flash ROM Disk the location for My Documents. I know I could just move any
file from My Documents to the ROM Disk, but it would be tiresome to move any
single file, and it would not be synchronized automatically, so this is not
the case.
If anybody has a solution I would be greatful for sharing.

Thanks,
Kris K.
Anonymous
June 27, 2005 11:18:35 AM

"Kris K." <krzyskam@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Is there any way to change the location of My Documents folder location?
>I have a Toshiba e755 which has a Flash ROM Disc and I would like to make it
>as a defult folder of My Documents, so all my notes, documents, etc. will be
>stored there automaticaly and synchronized with my desktop by ActiveSync. Of
>course I am looking for any trick or editing the registry, (similar to
>"Target folder location" on any Windows desktop OS") that would make my
>Flash ROM Disk the location for My Documents. I know I could just move any
>file from My Documents to the ROM Disk, but it would be tiresome to move any
>single file, and it would not be synchronized automatically, so this is not
>the case.
>If anybody has a solution I would be greatful for sharing.
>
>Thanks,
>Kris K.

Sorry. I have not seen any hack that will move My Documents out of
RAM. You can set up and safe files to a My Documents folder on a
storage card or in a Flash ROM area, but ActiveSync won't see those
folders and won't sync them. See if www.mydocsunlimited.com will help.
They have an app called Mighty Sync that will sync to storage cards.