How to return to a simple Welcome screen on Windows XP Pro

I've Windows XP Professional SP2 installed. Lately I've installed .NET

Framework 1.1 and immediately my Welcome screen has changed to a kind of

split screen with my name, an icon and unread messages on the right side.

Naturally now I have to press on the user name in order to continue with

How to reset to a normal Welcome Screen without this particular halt.

I hope my description is clear enough.

Thanks.

Adam Witkowski
2 answers Last reply
More about return simple screen windows

    Hi Adam,

    Have a look at the information here:
    http://mvps.org/marksxp/WindowsXP/welskip.php

    Regards,

    --
    Patti MacLeod
    Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User

    In news:%23pZ9R5eOFHA.2520@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
    Adam witkowski <adam3544@netvision.net.il> typed:
    > I've Windows XP Professional SP2 installed. Lately I've
    > installed .NET
    >
    > Framework 1.1 and immediately my Welcome screen has changed to
    > kind of
    > split screen with my name, an icon and unread messages on the
    > right
    > side.
    > Naturally now I have to press on the user name in order to
    > continue
    > with
    >
    > How to reset to a normal Welcome Screen without this particular
    > halt.

    Start | Run, type "control userpasswords2" Start | Run, type
    "control userpasswords2" Select the account you want to logon to
    automatically. Then uncheck the box "Users must enter a user name
    and password to use this computer."

    Or do the same thing with TweakUI.

    Please reply to the newsgroup

Microsoft Windows XP