How to return to a simple Welcome screen on Windows XP Pro

Tags:
  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
April 5, 2005 9:46:31 PM

I've Windows XP Professional SP2 installed. Lately I've installed .NET

Framework 1.1 and immediately my Welcome screen has changed to a kind of

split screen with my name, an icon and unread messages on the right side.

Naturally now I have to press on the user name in order to continue with

How to reset to a normal Welcome Screen without this particular halt.

I hope my description is clear enough.

Thanks.

Adam Witkowski

More about : return simple screen windows pro

Anonymous
April 5, 2005 9:46:32 PM

Hi Adam,

Have a look at the information here:
http://mvps.org/marksxp/WindowsXP/welskip.php

Regards,

--
Patti MacLeod
Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User

"Adam witkowski" <adam3544@netvision.net.il> wrote in message
> I've Windows XP Professional SP2 installed. Lately I've installed .NET
>
> Framework 1.1 and immediately my Welcome screen has changed to a kind of
>
> split screen with my name, an icon and unread messages on the right side.
>
> Naturally now I have to press on the user name in order to continue with

> How to reset to a normal Welcome Screen without this particular halt.
>
> I hope my description is clear enough.
>

> Thanks.
>

> Adam Witkowski
Anonymous
April 5, 2005 9:46:32 PM

In news:%23pZ9R5eOFHA.2520@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
Adam witkowski <adam3544@netvision.net.il> typed:
> I've Windows XP Professional SP2 installed. Lately I've
> installed .NET
>
> Framework 1.1 and immediately my Welcome screen has changed to
> kind of
> split screen with my name, an icon and unread messages on the
> right
> side.
> Naturally now I have to press on the user name in order to
> continue
> with
>
> How to reset to a normal Welcome Screen without this particular
> halt.

Start | Run, type "control userpasswords2" Start | Run, type
"control userpasswords2" Select the account you want to logon to
automatically. Then uncheck the box "Users must enter a user name
and password to use this computer."

Or do the same thing with TweakUI.

Please reply to the newsgroup
!