Verifying DMI Pool
hi guys what is verifying dmi pool cause when i go onto my pc i always have to insert my motherboard disc otherwise it goes verifying dmi pool..... (file missing).
DMI or DesktopManagement Interface is a layer of abstraction between system components and the software that manages them.
The System Management BIOS (SMBIOS) is an extension of the Basic Input Output System (BIOS) that formulates and delivers this information to the operating system. The pool data is the information.
In short, when the BIOS is "Verifying DMI pool data" it is verifying the table of data it sends to the operating system (Windows, etc.).
Usually this is being caused after a hardware change has been made,
did you changed any hardware lately? If so take a look at the steps below:
1. If you changed the hardware just before this problem occurred (e.g., installed a new hard disk drive), unchange it.
2. If you installed a new hard disk drive, set the motherboard CMOS Setup to Auto for the drive type. You may have to disconnect the drive first.
3. Enable "Reset Configuration Data" (may be "Force Update ESCD" in some CMOS Setups) in the motherboard CMOS Setup PNP/PCI configuration. (Rebooting will automatically disabled it after it has done its thing.)
4. The CMOS may be corrupted. Clear it.
5. Disconnect all drives not required to boot the computer. If this fixes it, reconnect one at time.
6. The floppy drive may be bad or not connected properly.
7. Reseat all expansion boards.
8. Pull all boards not required to boot the computer.