Outlook 2002 provided with Pocket PC 2003 won't reinstall

June 27, 2005 1:11:04 PM

I originallly installed Outlook 2002 in early 2004. Because I suddenly
developed sync problems, and because I had not originally installed it
as a mail/news reader, I decided to reinstall.

I uninstalled the original installation, which I now see may have been a
big mistake. When I reinstalled, it asked for the Product Key. I keep
all my software keys in a password protected file. When I input the key
I had listed as "Pocket PC 2003 Premium Outlook/ActivSync (Dell)", the
installer said it was an invalid number.

Can someone tell me what I do now? I'm not a regular Microsoft app
user, so I haven't got the faintest idea what to do.

Many TIA.
Anonymous
June 27, 2005 1:11:05 PM

normc <normc@socal.rr.com> wrote:

>I originallly installed Outlook 2002 in early 2004. Because I suddenly
>developed sync problems, and because I had not originally installed it
>as a mail/news reader, I decided to reinstall.
>
>I uninstalled the original installation, which I now see may have been a
>big mistake. When I reinstalled, it asked for the Product Key. I keep
>all my software keys in a password protected file. When I input the key
>I had listed as "Pocket PC 2003 Premium Outlook/ActivSync (Dell)", the
>installer said it was an invalid number.
>
>Can someone tell me what I do now? I'm not a regular Microsoft app
>user, so I haven't got the faintest idea what to do.
>
>Many TIA.

Try http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA01150834...
June 28, 2005 1:25:20 AM

Ed Hansberry, MS-MVP/Mobile Devices wrote:
> normc <normc@socal.rr.com> wrote:
>

>>I originallly installed Outlook 2002 in early 2004. Because I suddenly
>>developed sync problems, and because I had not originally installed it
>>as a mail/news reader, I decided to reinstall.
>>
>>I uninstalled the original installation, which I now see may have been a
>>big mistake. When I reinstalled, it asked for the Product Key. I keep
>>all my software keys in a password protected file. When I input the key
>>I had listed as "Pocket PC 2003 Premium Outlook/ActivSync (Dell)", the
>>installer said it was an invalid number.
>>
>>Can someone tell me what I do now? I'm not a regular Microsoft app
>>user, so I haven't got the faintest idea what to do.
>>
>>Many TIA.
>

> Try http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA01150834...

Thanks. That did it. Simple.
!