Your question

CHASSIS INTRUDED ERROR?? HELP PLZ

Tags:
  • Motherboards
  • Cases
  • Computer
Last response: in Motherboards
March 29, 2007 11:25:22 PM

hi i just built my first computer and when i fired it up for the first time it gives me "CHASSIS INTRUDED....SYSTEM HAULTED"

now everything on the computer is fine and the case is all closed and everything and there is no way to disable this. i have a Asus P5B-E

More about : chassis intruded error plz

March 30, 2007 12:08:01 AM

It's a setting in BIOS.

Some cases have a small switch that hooks to the motherboard and the BIOS records if the case has been opened. You should be able to disable the setting.
March 30, 2007 12:20:11 AM

there will be away to disable it in BIOS
Related resources
March 30, 2007 1:39:57 AM

i cannot actually enter the bios. i have tryed everything.
March 30, 2007 2:09:22 AM

Clear the CMOS then. Your motherboard manual should have instructions on how to do this. It also might be listed as 'Resetting the BIOS'.
March 30, 2007 2:20:29 AM

if clearing the CMOS doesn't work then try pushing the chasis intrusion button on your case
March 30, 2007 2:36:59 AM

This is a fun one. Some motherboards need the header to be jumped for it to work there might never be a setting in the bios for a chassis intrusion. Heres what you do...

Get a jumper there might be an extra one some were in your box or with a old hard drive or go to the store and pick one up

locate the header for chassis intrusion and put the jumper on it.
Check your manual for the location of the header or look at the headers on the motherboard usually makers of motherboards abbreviate the labels under or near them.

Like i said again there might not be a setting in the cmos i have seen that happen on asus / abit motherboards.
March 30, 2007 5:07:30 AM

ya was a jumper issue. was about 1min from crying cause i spent about $3000 on this system and was going to have to pay a shop near here build it when i just refused to let them build it cause they wanted to charge be $3600 for the same thing that i just built so i told them no thx ill just build it myself.
March 30, 2007 11:50:51 AM

Quote:
ya was a jumper issue. was about 1min from crying cause i spent about $3000 on this system and was going to have to pay a shop near here build it when i just refused to let them build it cause they wanted to charge be $3600 for the same thing that i just built so i told them no thx ill just build it myself.

glad you fixed it -_-
good luck with your new computer.
March 30, 2007 2:15:24 PM

Awesome! Glad you got it. :) 
March 30, 2007 7:36:48 PM

i keep the computers running in my former computer repair classroom working. Let me put it this way 70 people with no idea about the inside of a computer break stuff... a lot of stuff.
March 31, 2007 5:12:10 AM

thanks for ALL YOUR HELP!!!!
October 20, 2009 10:23:59 AM

i dont know is it working or not but now im doing it
October 20, 2009 10:45:59 AM

ok thankz for your help thnk you goad must give you long life to help us thnks :D 
November 11, 2009 3:21:23 PM

if any stray cables end up touching the case they can induce an electrical charge,

which will set off the chassis intrusion error regardless of jumper/bios config.
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
November 20, 2010 6:45:28 AM

SOLUTION TO CHASSIS INTRUDED :

I had same problem few days ago.

I tryed everything, clear CMOS every time when PC start, but when I shut down my PC problem was back.

I tryed to update my BIOS, but this was mistake.

I have ASUS P5Q Deluxe mobo and SOLUTION for my was, that I update my BIOS, but no on newest version, but on older version - (P5Q Deluxe BIOS 2201)

So, just try to update your BIOS on older version.

Now everything is ok, no fuc.ing error,...

PS: Sorry for my english.

I hope that this will help you.
!