Qucik Help! F6 to install raid drivers not working!

Travisty2012

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2007
Trying to install XP on my new machine right now. Couldn't get the XP CD to boot, whatever, I'm using the 6 disc way.

The first disc is loading and asks to press F6 to load RAID drivers. I press it once and nothing happens. Next try around I press it multiple times and nothing happens. Then it asks to press F2 to do a recovery, press F2 and it goes into the recovery console so the keyboard is working and I don't have an F-lock on this keyboard. HELP

Why does F6 not work?

Thanks

weilin

Distinguished
patience is a virtue.. after you press f6, windows will load the rest of its own drivers before it prompts you to insert a floppy disk. So press f6 a few times and go get a coffee. It should then be done with its list of drivers and ask you for the one you want to specify.

Travisty2012

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2007
patience is a virtue.. after you press f6, windows will load the rest of its own drivers before it prompts you to insert a floppy disk. So press f6 a few times and go get a coffee. It should then be done with its list of drivers and ask you for the one you want to specify.

Thanks, I just figured that out. I googled it first, and the first thing I found was a forum post telling someone that it was suppose to do something right then and there. In reality, as you point out, and I just found out it doesn't do anything until you are on about the 4th disc...