Sign in with
Your question

E6600 with MSI 945gm3 motherboard NEED HELP!!!

Last response: in Overclocking
March 30, 2007 12:41:58 AM

Hey, lately my CPU speed has decreased. I noticed it was because of the fail safe, or at least I'm pretty sure that's why. I have a c2d e6600, 1.5 gb ram (1 gig is DDR2 675 and the 512 i dont know about, i can probably take that out anyway) I need help, I don't want to overheat my CPU and mess it up =P I'm kind've new to this so any help is appreciated. I read the conroe core2duo overclocking guide but I didn't see my Motherboard or HSF in there, I have a MASSCOOL cpu cooling fan.

Please help! Here's a screenshot of CPU-z

If someone can help me with clocking it back to normal speed, or even overclocking it, it would help A LOT!
March 30, 2007 1:02:22 AM

also, in the guide it says, e.g. DDR2-667 4-4-4-12 1.9V operating @ ~400mhz will need to be set to 5-5-5-15 2.2V

My ram is running at 1.8v, and it says to only do it when ram is overclocked above the rated frequency, im so confused, can anybody help?
March 30, 2007 1:13:04 AM

TRIED OVERCLOCKING using the guide. not too smart, I couldnt adjust the voltage, so I did everything else it said, and set the CPU FSP to 333 mhz, i rebooted and it didnt work, turned it off and back on, i got a message in red that said previous overclocking did not work, and that settings were restored to default, someone please help!
Related resources
!