E6600 with MSI 945gm3 motherboard NEED HELP!!!

Hey, lately my CPU speed has decreased. I noticed it was because of the fail safe, or at least I'm pretty sure that's why. I have a c2d e6600, 1.5 gb ram (1 gig is DDR2 675 and the 512 i dont know about, i can probably take that out anyway) I need help, I don't want to overheat my CPU and mess it up =P I'm kind've new to this so any help is appreciated. I read the conroe core2duo overclocking guide but I didn't see my Motherboard or HSF in there, I have a MASSCOOL cpu cooling fan.

Please help! Here's a screenshot of CPU-z

If someone can help me with clocking it back to normal speed, or even overclocking it, it would help A LOT!
2 answers Last reply
More about e6600 945gm3 motherboard help
  1. also, in the guide it says, e.g. DDR2-667 4-4-4-12 1.9V operating @ ~400mhz will need to be set to 5-5-5-15 2.2V

My ram is running at 1.8v, and it says to only do it when ram is overclocked above the rated frequency, im so confused, can anybody help?
  2. TRIED OVERCLOCKING using the guide. not too smart, I couldnt adjust the voltage, so I did everything else it said, and set the CPU FSP to 333 mhz, i rebooted and it didnt work, turned it off and back on, i got a message in red that said previous overclocking did not work, and that settings were restored to default, someone please help!
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Motherboards Overclocking