6600gt Pure video problem

DXsocko007

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2006
I installed the purevideo and well after i did all the colors were messed up so bad i couldnt view movies on my pc anymore. I than uninstalled it to find that all my colors are almost gone. its destroyed my computer for playing video files any way to fix this.

I used windows media player 10

knowsitall

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2006
I installed the purevideo and well after i did all the colors were messed up so bad i couldnt view movies on my pc anymore. I than uninstalled it to find that all my colors are almost gone. its destroyed my computer for playing video files any way to fix this.

format ur pc.

I doubt you need to format our computer, but you should blow out the old driver and re-install now, cause obviously something graphical software wise is Fin it up.

So use DriverCleaner Pro , and then re-install your drivers.

Then see what's what.

I've heard this happen alot of times when adding new players as they tweak the settings of another component and things get F'ed up.

djgandy

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2006

Are you using the beta drivers from nzone?
I tried them and they mess up the video (lose all the brightness etc).

emp

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2004
no way thats a stupid idea. there is another way to fix it

Formatting your pc is actually a great solution, takes 1 or 2 hours to get everything back up and running after a fresh install + everything is a lot faster :p

DXsocko007

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2006
Ok i wil use that program and reinstall the drivers, and give a new update. Another thing is my pc freezes if i loada 3d app and if i loadit and it works everything is fine and can play multiple games but if it freezes than its a reboot and everything must start over. I figures its cause its an 8x agp and i have 4x agp? any ideas?

TRENDING THREADS