illuminatirex

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2006
Hi, was planning to build a new rig during summer, but because the postponing of Vista, and the rumors that older graphic cards (( like ATI 1800 or 1900 series at that time), i know that ati is working on new R600 i think series of graphic cards which will be directx10 "series" graphic cards )will not be able to run vista's directx 10 well,should I consider postponing with the build till i know that will be official requirements for Vista, and, i wanted to build a system that would last me that 4 years or so whithout major upgrading, im planning to get a p4 3.2 641 series cpu, 2 gigs of ddr2 ram 667, and the ATI 1900AIW series graphic card, with an asus p5wd2-e Premium motherboard, other parts will be from my current pc, like the 480W psu(which im still using).

1 Does anyone know wheather vista will have very high requirements(i dont care much about the aero gloss look) ?

2 What will be the minimum requirement pc hardware?

3 Will the aplications and programs/games that worked on Win XP work on Win Viasta?

4 Will the "older" graphic cards (1800, and 1900)work in a rig with Vista, that is will they work well with directx10 ( I know that there will not be a directx10 on windows xp)?

Thank You for any information, and advice