Win CE and PPC

June 27, 2005 9:47:40 PM

I'm looking at a NEC Moblepro 780 and it has Windows CE, but I want to know
if I can put Pocket PC programs on it?

Thanks
APP

More about : win ppc

Anonymous
June 27, 2005 11:53:14 PM

On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 17:47:40 -0400, "Alex P." <electrickid@cfl.rr.com>
wrote:

>I'm looking at a NEC Moblepro 780 and it has Windows CE, but I want to know
>if I can put Pocket PC programs on it?

Microsoft defines the Pocket PC platforms, and has defined Pocket PC
2002 and newer as running _only_ on ARM-compatible CPUs. The 780 has a
MIPS CPU. See:
http://www.cewindows.net/wce/21/HPCProComparison.htm
So you certainly won't be able to run any program built for Pocket PC
2002, Pocket PC 2003, or Pocket PC 2005.

Any program _built_ for Pocket PC uses menus found only on Pocket PC.
So you probably won't be able to run any application built for Pocket
PC.

>Thanks
>APP

Robert E. Zaret, eMVP
PenFact, Inc.
500 Harrison Ave., Suite 3R
Boston, MA 02118
www.penfact.com
Anonymous
June 28, 2005 1:59:14 PM

Some programs may run, but they have very different user interfaces and most
developers don't take this in consideration. I'd assume that most programs
will be a problem in this aspect.

http://www.geekzone.co.nz
Software for Pocket PC and Smartphone: http://www.geekzone.co.nz/store
Software for Pocket PC directly on your device:
http://www.geekzone.co.nz/inhand.asp

news:o 9RfZH2eFHA.2736@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...

!