restoring to factory settings

April 6, 2005 1:47:03 AM

Hi everyone
to cut a VERY VERY VERY LONG story short here is my question

Is it dangerous to restore your computer back to factory settings a few
times in such a small period of time - 3 times in one month. It has already
been done twice due to computer being stuck in a loop when trying to upgrade
it.

i have xp home edition pre installed and i was hoping for the last time, to
restore it back to factory settings!! I just brought internet norton security
2005 and it loaded correctly but i had to take it off for certain reasons and
now it loads with many erros. i was hoping to start all over again!!!!

will any damage be done!! I have been told no that is what it is for but
even in such a small period of time - any advice would be great

thanks :)
Anonymous
April 6, 2005 1:27:31 PM

The Aussie Girl <TheAussieGirl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Is it dangerous to restore your computer back to factory settings a few
>times in such a small period of time - 3 times in one month. It has already
>been done twice due to computer being stuck in a loop when trying to upgrade
>it.

No, this does not cause problems. It just is a lot of work. ;)

--
(tm)
!