Windows Mobile 2003 SE and Real Player

June 28, 2005 2:37:00 AM

Anyone have any ideas how to use real audio on a Windows Mobile 2003 SE
machine? I'd like to listen to real streams but the software version I
found on the Real website doesn't install on Windows Mobile 2003 SE it seems

Anyone managed this?

Paul
Anonymous
June 28, 2005 2:37:01 AM

search the Real site with the word "Pocket PC"

There used to be a ppc "sync option" but it's been a while since I have
seen any posts relating to using it.

Beverly Howard [MS MVP-Mobile Devices]
Anonymous
June 28, 2005 2:37:01 AM

hi paul, i don't know if this will help you but if my memory serves me correctly the xda iis is wm2003se and it IS possible to download real onto that device, so I would say it would depend on what any given device is capable of. I have the c500 and no it doesn't work. However, you can download real files onto your pc, encode them with divx for smartphone and play them via beta player for smartphone (sorry, again, that depends on your device) This is what I had to do. Hope this helps....don't know about streaming though. I'd like that myself. :roll:

Posted via MoDaCo, the definitive Microsoft Smartphone community, now supporting all Windows Powered Mobile Devices!
Related resources
June 30, 2005 7:53:03 PM

they do have a pocket pc version of real player. I had to download it to view
some video on a webste with my ppc. If I remember it correctly, i got it form
the real player site. I also have it downloaded if you need it e-mailed.

JT
July 2, 2005 12:07:05 AM

Thanks for the replies. I did find the version that's meant for Pocket PCs.
It's just that I suspect that there's a compatibility issue with Windows
Mobile 2003 SECOND EDITION. When I installed the programme - it failed to
install correctly.

Seems there's just one version from Real of the pocket PC software... unless
someone knows better.

Paul

"JT" <JT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> they do have a pocket pc version of real player. I had to download it to
> view
> some video on a webste with my ppc. If I remember it correctly, i got it
> form
> the real player site. I also have it downloaded if you need it e-mailed.
>
> JT
July 2, 2005 12:07:06 AM

ah, I see. I have it installed on mine and i'm running an 2755 with win mob
2003 2nd ed. I didn't have any problem that I can remember. what kind of
error did you get?
JT
July 2, 2005 3:58:35 PM

The error was that I couldn't play a stream over a wifi connection in the
same was as I had been able to using my ipaq (h2210), i.e when I save the
link to memory and tried to open the file, it said something like "can't
open file, filetype not recognised." Not those words exactly, but along
those lines. I tried to uninstall and re-install, but that didn't work.

It's not killing me, but I'd like to be able to listen to my favourite real
streams around the house using wifi if I could.

Thanks for your time.

Paul
!