the best environment to build own pc

oohhaa

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2007
This is not a question about specs, but rather about the precautions to take, and what surface you should build your pc.

Whats the most important thing to do to not fry your mobo when building from scratch??

thanks

Mondoman

Splendid
Static is evil. Keep yourself grounded relative to the system (you may want to buy a conductive wrist strap or even a full work pad/conductive wrist strap combo.

If all else fails, follow the instructions. :wink:

amddiesel

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2006
I almost always work on carpet. But the best place is a giant dryer while you have a sweater on.

Dont even reply stoopid fcuk

If you have a tile or wood floor that is a good place. Id just do it on a kitchen table

enforcerfx

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2006
I almost always work on carpet. But the best place is a giant dryer while you have a sweater on.

Yeah, thats also almost as funny as screwing your parts in with a Magnetic Screwdriver! Not.

Any hard surface would do most likely. Kitchen table is a good one to use like amddiesel said. A workshop bench works as well too. Just anything with a hard surface and obviously NOT carpet.

Good luck :)

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2007
plug the PSU in and touch it or the case to ground out. Done.

I build computers EVERY SINGLE DAY, ON CARPET(Edit: with my feet on carpet, not the computer).. never had a problem. Just make it a habit to always approach the computer and touch the chasis before u touch the components.