pas7680

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2006
Hi, i recently decided to do a clean install on my DELL DIMENSION 8300, nothing unusual i do one every couple of months but this time problems!
after formating the harddrive, XP copies the files over then restarts all as normal then it just seems to hang on the install demo @ 39 mins the xp tips are still showing and the green progress dots are still going around, but thats it! i've tried multiple restarts and installs, i've swapped out the memory, harddrive, dvd drive & graphics card but all to no avail. Is it likely to be the mobo?

Any thoughts or ideas would be much appreciated.

P4 3.0 ghz
1 gig ram
160 sata HD / 120 sata HD
nvidia fx5200 / 6800gt

hytek9

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2006
I am sorry not sure on the problem your having, but just wanted to help. You have probably already thought of this, but would possibly be a quick response to your problem.

Give Dell a call, even if your system is out of warranty, with your service tag they should still be able to answer this quick question of yours. I am sure someone out there has had a similar problem to yours, and the Dell rep should be able to quickly give you some ideas as to what it might be.

This also may save your sanity on wanting to pull your rig apart to find the problem. I wanted to comment, to help you get some much needed explanation why you wait for someone to post for your topic.

beloved patriot luck mate, hope they can help you out.

weilin

Distinguished
um check the bottom of the cd. Sometimes a cd is scratched to the point where data is damaged btu the pc doesnt get htat so the pc just keeps on slowing down the CD drive in a attempt to read it. OF the CD is damaged.. it will just keep on trying to read that 1 file and hang. I would try a different disk . Go borrow a neighber's cd (you can still use your own cD Key). THat it is the cd thats hte problem , give MS a call and htey will send u a replacement CD for 25 Bucks.

TRENDING THREADS