StartMenu: Run... Search, Help don't work

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

Hello,

If I login as administrator, Help, Search, Run icons work as expected.

When I login as user(admin rights), NOTHING happens when I click Help, etc.

I suspect something got deleted in Docs&Settings, but when I compare the
administrator folder with user's folder, didn't see anything amiss.

I'm sure this is an easy fix.

Thanks for a clue ...

Alan

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

Hit the Window key + F to invoke the search, also hit Windows key + R to
invoke Run and see what happens? Finally, hit F1 to invoke help. If the Run
box is open, type the below and click OK.

Regsvr32 /i Shell32

--
HTH
Venkatesh
"Alan Wilcox" <w3dvxNOSPAM@arrl.net> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> If I login as administrator, Help, Search, Run icons work as expected.
>
> When I login as user(admin rights), NOTHING happens when I click Help,
etc.

> I suspect something got deleted in Docs&Settings, but when I compare the
> administrator folder with user's folder, didn't see anything amiss.
>
> I'm sure this is an easy fix.
>
> Thanks for a clue ...
>
> Alan

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

Window key + F -> gets search OK
Window key + R -> run box OK
Window key + f1 -> help OK
Regsvr32 /i Shell32 -> msgbox "DllRegisterServer & DllInstall in shell32
succeeded"

Start | Run etc still not responding (tried logging back on too).

Didn't know that Window + key sequence, so at least I've got a
workaround! :)

Venkatesh [MS India Community Star] wrote:
> Hit the Window key + F to invoke the search, also hit Windows key + R to
> invoke Run and see what happens? Finally, hit F1 to invoke help. If the Run
> box is open, type the below and click OK.
>
> Regsvr32 /i Shell32
>
> --
> HTH
> Venkatesh
> "Alan Wilcox" <w3dvxNOSPAM@arrl.net> wrote in message
>
>>Hello,
>>
>>If I login as administrator, Help, Search, Run icons work as expected.
>>
>>When I login as user(admin rights), NOTHING happens when I click Help,
>
> etc.
>
>>I suspect something got deleted in Docs&Settings, but when I compare the
>>administrator folder with user's folder, didn't see anything amiss.
>>
>>I'm sure this is an easy fix.
>>
>>Thanks for a clue ...
>>
>>Alan

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

Still have same problem ... ideas anyone?
Thanks,
Alan