Sign in with
Your question

AMD CPU PRICES ARE PLUMMETING DO NOT PAY FULL PRICE GUYSJEeZ

Last response: in Systems
March 31, 2007 5:58:47 AM

just saving people money - give it a week if your not shopping etail

this is how it works

X2 3800+ rig oc the motha'

X2 6000+ cause AMD hasen't been selling us crap like Intel for 4 years and it's as fast or faster then an E6600 stock and the same price probably cheaper all things considered

-or-

spend the money and get an E6600 and a $150 Mobo and XMS, mushkin mem and Oc the heck out of it and go on with life
March 31, 2007 6:42:47 AM

well said..
tho many many many ppl already know this.

NICE TURBOFLAME :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: 
Related resources
March 31, 2007 7:36:15 AM

Quote:
your a fanboy idiot please ban your self

your a moronic babbling idiot that snorts his shorts and farts pop tarts

:trophy:
March 31, 2007 7:46:58 AM

Quote:
your a fanboy idiot please ban your self

your a moronic babbling idiot that snorts his shorts and farts pop tarts

:trophy:

LOL

wow :lol: 
March 31, 2007 8:30:51 AM

Quote:
$ 40 bucks or so for the case and PSU

Be careful, that could nip you where it hurts!
March 31, 2007 9:11:01 AM

hello opterondo, welcome to the magical world of tomshardware where most people here, know about the price war.. because it as been displayed HUNDREAD OF TIMES IN THE NEWS PORTAL.. RIGHT INFRONT OF EVERYONE..
now do something useful .. .like going emo and cutting yourself..
a b B Homebuilt system
a b à CPUs
March 31, 2007 9:36:55 AM

Quote:
just saving people money - give it a week if your not shopping etail

this is how it works

X2 3800+ rig oc the motha'

X2 6000+ cause AMD hasen't been selling us crap like Intel for 4 years and it's as fast or faster then an E6600 stock and the same price probably cheaper all things considered

-or-

spend the money and get an E6600 and a $150 Mobo and XMS, mushkin mem and Oc the heck out of it and go on with life

ROFLMAO the X2 3800 at its max speed with water cooling couldnt touch a stock E6600 :lol:  :lol:  :lol: 

E6600 at 3.2 would wipe the floor with any AMD

have you heard, intels dropping there prices too? :lol:  :lol:  :lol: 

so much for your solution

and as for overclocking, heard how far the 6000+ can go? not far ey ;)  what a bummer for you

mind you fanboy, for a cheap and cool media pc i wouldnt go past your AMDs - i wouldnt touch intels budget segment - P4 aint my thing
March 31, 2007 10:06:27 AM

Quote:
hello opterondo, welcome to the magical world of tomshardware where most people here, know about the price war.. because it as been displayed HUNDREAD OF TIMES IN THE NEWS PORTAL.. RIGHT INFRONT OF EVERYONE..
now do something useful .. .like going emo and cutting yourself..

Hmm well I just saw in a thread where someone got ripped a new one at fry's for a bundle. So thought i'd shout out if it doesn't apply to you then STFU :twisted:
March 31, 2007 10:17:47 AM

I was just mentioning three options, not solutions, and the E6600 was one of them; are you retarded? :roll:
April 2, 2007 10:08:02 AM

Quote:
I paid this for my whole system
$120 DG965OT motherboard
$140 2GB memory
$382 E6600
$ 40 bucks or so for the case and PSU
http://www.supergooddeal.com/ProductDetails.asp?Product...
reused my old hard drive and dvd burner

$682 or so total
what did you pay?
plus i play WOW SOF2 and D2 and they play just fine.

how does that X2 6000 chip hold up now?

.. dude your talking pimp about integrated 64-bit video ??? ur a pro. My 4 year old computer plays those games okay not HD with all the eyecandy 10xAA 24xAF yadda yadda
April 2, 2007 10:19:16 AM

Quote:
no you were trying to put amd procs in a better light than they really are and failed horribly in your retarded attempt. as you notice you cant just come onto this forum and post crap. you will get called on it and if you cant back it up you will get called out. time to go change your login name and password see you later.

Your not calling anyone out your just babbling about nothing. Check the X2-6000+ game benchies on THG or Anandtech if you can figure out your browser. I'd be suprised if you even own a computer; your probably using webTV the way your typing.

:trophy: :trophy: :trophy: :trophy: :trophy:
April 2, 2007 10:34:52 AM

Quote:
lol
whats a pop tart? :D 

Britney Spears. :lol: 
April 2, 2007 11:27:18 AM

Quote:

ok i'm newbie here :oops: 

can someone explain to me what's the meaning and relation btwn above pacman n teh topic?
April 2, 2007 11:27:37 AM

My bet is Scientia from AMDZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Was he banned? :lol: 
April 2, 2007 12:14:20 PM

Quote:

ok i'm newbie here :oops: 

can someone explain to me what's the meaning and relation btwn above pacman n teh topic?There is a meaning and relation to pacman? Nope!! It was just posted because this topic is now a free-for-all... plus the chart makes sense! :lol: 

I wouldn't touch an AMD if I was offered a C2D/C2Q or cash instead of it... only way I'd take one is if it was free or the alternate was P4/PD.
April 2, 2007 12:17:15 PM

As much as you hate to admit it, Core 2 is in every way possible, better than AMD's current CPU lineup.
April 2, 2007 12:33:20 PM

Quote:
My bet is Scientia from AMDZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Was he banned? :lol: 

You the one turning this thread into another gay amd vs. intel flamefest.
I think C2D is great, i'm just saying the X2 isn't obsolete. Everyone acts like the X2 is like 1/2 as fast and it's not by a long shot.
April 2, 2007 12:40:32 PM

Quote:

I think so. We also have MMM and 9-inch that it could possibly be. Some of the more recent banned fanboys I think were just one of those 2 with new names but hard telling. I am sure this one will not last long either.

Well, the OP has gone on record as stating he runs a P4, which makes his nick even more suspicious... :wink:
April 2, 2007 12:46:51 PM

Quote:

You the one turning this thread into another gay amd vs. intel flamefest.
I think C2D is great, i'm just saying the X2 isn't obsolete. Everyone acts like the X2 is like 1/2 as fast and it's not by a long shot.

Well, "gay" I'm gonna have to accept given my recent drunken fling with the Wonderbra-wearing Baron. :lol: 

But as for an "AMD vs. Intel flamefest" right now there's really no point. It's like kinda like Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Andy Kaufman. X2 has topped out with a yawn-inspiring 6000+ which has conquered the lucrative market segment of computer users with less than 18 chromosomes. Their new and improved 65nm getting bitchslapped by their own 90nm models hasn't really helped much. Maybe tomorrow morning we will wake up to some Barcy/Agena/Kuma solid independent benchys that will shake up all of Creation. Until then, this two-horse race has one horse running on three legs.
April 2, 2007 1:02:20 PM

Quote:

I think so. We also have MMM and 9-inch that it could possibly be. Some of the more recent banned fanboys I think were just one of those 2 with new names but hard telling. I am sure this one will not last long either.

Well, the OP has gone on record as stating he runs a P4, which makes his nick even more suspicious... :wink:

April 2, 2007 1:17:40 PM

Quote:
...now do something useful .. .like going emo and cutting yourself..

You forgot to tell him "Down the tracks, not across the road"
April 2, 2007 1:27:43 PM

Hmm... A Northwood 478 2GHz... Can those be OCd to run HP 33s Scientific Calculators? :lol: 
April 2, 2007 2:33:05 PM

Quote:
Hmm... A Northwood 478 2GHz... Can those be OCd to run HP 33s Scientific Calculators? :lol: 

Hey! Give credit where credit is due... Northwoods were good CPUs.
April 2, 2007 3:24:53 PM

OMG! WTF?!

MORE CAPS PLEASE!
April 2, 2007 3:28:09 PM

CAPZ0RZ OBVIOUSLY MAKE A THREAD SEEM LEGIT EVEN THOUGH THE AUTHOR CLEARLY DOESN'T KNOW WHAT HE'S TALKING ABOUT!!!1!!
April 2, 2007 5:11:59 PM

Quote:

So were 486 DX50s. Doesn't mean I'd wanna video encode on Vista Ultimate while playing Crysis on one! :lol: 

J/K. I agree. Northwoods were the last good CPU Intel made before the Core 2s.
April 2, 2007 5:22:28 PM

Quote:

So were 486 DX50s. Doesn't mean I'd wanna video encode on Vista Ultimate while playing Crysis on one! :lol: 

I have to agree. I actually rode my Northwood CPU straight through the Netburst/AMD 64/X2 era and did not upgrade until C2D hit the scene.

I almost upgraded to X2 a few times but never could commit, the price war worked... in that it got me to buy.
April 2, 2007 5:28:41 PM

Quote:
I have to agree. I actually rode my Northwood CPU straight through the Netburst/AMD 64/X2 era and did not upgrade until C2D hit the scene.

I almost upgraded to X2 a few times but never could commit, the price war worked... in that it got me to buy.

I'm doing about the same thing. I'm still on San Diego 3700+, 1GB RAM, and I have to admit that other than driving me stark raving bonkers when I do some ultracomplex Photoshop work, it is a completely suitable platform for my day to day activities. A few months back, I came close enough to pull out my credit card for a dual X5355, 8GB RAM but the first whiffs of Penryn made me put it back into my wallet. So I'm riding the old warhorse until things shake out in Q3 and then I'll take the leap. I'll be perfectly happy with a Barcy/Agena on a revised QFX as I would be with a dual Penryn. Whoever wins the price/performance ratio gets my credit card number before Xmas!
April 3, 2007 1:30:45 AM

Quote:

The last good desktop CPU anyway, the Pentium-M and Core line were pretty good as well.

Quote:

You know that the Northwood is a Netburst, right :D  ? It's just one that doesn't suck as much as the later ones (at least relative to its timeframe).

Actually, I have one too - 3-4 more weeks of service to go before C2D - I made it this long so I can wait for the price cuts. I got it during that brief period where the 3+GHz P4s were beating the Athlon XPs and before the A64s came out.
!