maximum720

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2006
Hey every one...
I just installed firefox... (finally)... i'm pretty impressed with it, way faster than explorer... My question is... Should I completely remove internet explorer... Since I have firefox, there seems to be no reason to have it...

dmroeder

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2005
That's complete up to you. On occasion (but very rarely) I run into websites that don't support firefox. One of them that comes to mind was some online classes that my wife took. They required IE.

INeedCache

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2005
It won't hurt to keep IE, and as dmroeder pointed out, there are websites that won't load on Firefox, or won't work with full functionality. Might as well keep it in case you run into this situation.

MysteriousWind

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2006
Yeah, like the others said not all websites support firefox so you should keep it around. If you don't like IE's interface you could download a different explorer that utilizes IE, but has a much better interface. This doesn't get rid of any security issues, but not having tabs drives me crazy. An example is Avant and I know there are others whose names I forget.

tomssister

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2006
First of all you cant completely uninstall IE it is so deeply embedded in the os that if you uninstall it and wipe the folder you cant open WINDOWS EXPLORER. Because the are 1 in the same. OPEN win explorer and type in a url and watch it go to the web as for the site that wont load . RULE 1 if it dont load with firefox do go

dunklegend

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2005
There's a firefox extension called IE Tab and what it does is that it will let you open IE in a firefox tab for those sites that won't open with firefox.

Give it a try.

Plague

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2004
If you have IE you will have to download some programs which would save you from popups . Opera is also good as Internet Browser. :)