dustin1300

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2006
I'm wondering if anybody out there is familiar with a program that I could use to manage a dual core processor and assign each core certain programs so I can have the ultimate multitasking computer...I don't have the computer done yet but its a 3800 X2 and I've got water cooling and plan on OCing as much as I can....As far as OS's go, I'm going to run 4 OS's......WinXP, x64, Suse & Fedora Core 4...... :D

dustin1300

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2006
O, and I also know that you can assign programs to each processor in the task manager in windows but each time you restart your computer your going to lose this information as far as I know..... :lol:

dustin1300

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2006
Performance wise is this app a lot better for the threading or what? The benchmarks show little difference but do you notice any???? I thought I was going to be getting my mobo in yesterday but the delivery got rescheduled today so I should be able to get her up and running.... :x

nilness

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2006
THG Task Assignment Manager isn't really about performance. It's more about convenience and, as the authors say in the article, not having to reinvent the wheel each time you want an app assigned to a particular cpu. That said, I haven't noticed any performance issues. However, using it lowers the Windows Frustration Factor quite a bit for me so even if there was a slight performance decline, it's a price I would gladly pay.

TRENDING THREADS