Logs on as Admin

CallumN

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2006
I have just installed a clean copy of XP Pro (legit ofcourse *shifty eyes*) and set it up, but every time i turn on the comp it goes onto the Administrators account. It has a password, but bypasses it :S . Any ideas to troubleshoot? And please dont say another clean install.

Did you enter any other names when you set it up? Did it ask you to type in the names of the people that will use the computer? Is it a Dell?

Most OEM CDs will automatically create one account and login with that account. Unless you specified an Administrator password during setup, it will just log in under Administrator. You'll have to go into User Accounts to set up other accounts and set a password for Administrator.

CallumN

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2006
A Hell? Ha, never.

Sorted it, well okay my brother sorted it, I had added the user accounts, and i had added the Admin password, but some some reason, probably XP fulfilling its only goal - to piss people off, had decided to make it so that user accounts were not available offline or something stupid like that. Checked the box, and bobs your mothers brother.