Sign in with
Your question

Fusion about to launch? Why the R600 was delayed.

Last response: in CPUs
March 31, 2007 5:24:10 PM

I stumbled across this this morning.
http://www.techarp.com/showarticle.aspx?artno=392
Do you think its legitamate. What impact do you think it will have on the market and AMD's recent decline?
March 31, 2007 5:31:44 PM

Quote:
Do you think its legitamate. What impact do you think it will have on the market and AMD's recent decline?

Sounds like a bunch of crap to me. If it were true, though, it would be beyond huge.
March 31, 2007 5:40:26 PM

Quote:
Sounds like a bunch of crap to me. If it were true, though, it would be beyond huge.

Have you tried that

http://www.techarp.com/xxxx.htm

with their little Q&A? I dunno what the hell they want to see in most of those Qs so I haven't tried it.

If any of that is anywhere near correct, I will gladly eat my last few hundred anti-AMD posts with a fork and knife. As I'm rushing out to buy it!!!!! :D 
March 31, 2007 5:42:49 PM

every day ati delays the r600 is another day nvidia stock goes up and another day they loose market share - there is only reason for these delays - problems!

they know as people flock from ati to nvidia, being sick of waiting that they may not come back. nobody cares about some funky new chip set system - they just want a #$%^#$ gpu that runs dx10!

same old problem its 250w platform and that's too high - the r600 must not work. i sold my 1950xtx crossfire set up this week to buy my r600 but looks like amti has #$% up again!

keep up the pressure with the posts:

Quote:

Have you tried that

with their little Q&A? I dunno what the hell they want to see in most of those Qs so I haven't tried it.

If any of that is anywhere near correct, I will gladly eat my last few hundred anti-AMD posts with a fork and knife. As I'm rushing out to buy it!!!!! :D 
March 31, 2007 5:47:20 PM

April fools joke
March 31, 2007 6:14:36 PM

Quote:
April fools joke

unless they're doing a early aphril fools joke...
cause we're not even in aphril ( written this on march 31 )
March 31, 2007 6:15:57 PM

Quote:

Yea I agree. Sounds too good to be true and highly doubt it is. You know the old saying "If it sounds to good to be true then most likely it is." If by chance that it is true then it would explain why AMD has been so quiet but I think it is more they are trying to keep from giving too much info out that would cause Intel to be even more aggressive than they are now.

I dunno. There are so many possibilities right know.

AMD has been fairly quiet. AM2 was not that demanding of an advancement. OFX, while a total waste of resourses, didnt take up that much. 65nm, while demanding was for obviuos reasons a focus of manufacturing development, not Uarch as Brisbane was just a node shrink, leaving K10 and whatever else they've been tinkering with most of their Uarch R&D resourses. Since Anand released the details of K10s Uarch, and its not that innovative, but rather a further expansion of K8, it would seem AMD, (with the addition of ATIs staffing) mave have been able to devote a fair portion of their R&D resources to such a product.

If one is to believe that AMD was unable to supply the channel late last year due to concentrating its efforts on mobile (as Ruiz claimed) then this would fit in, as the fusion tech is most attractive for mobile

On the other hand, 65nm and K10 could have been so problematic as to suck up most of AMDs R&D in last second redesigns and trouble shooting, which could explain why details werent released until just recently. I dont buy the "they were keeping it secret" excuse. It could also explain why R600 has been delayed, if AMD stripped ATIs R&D to work fusion. I dont buy that either, as was already pointed out, its left Nvidia sole ownership of the DX10 market for 3 months. But still, it is a possibility.

Another possibility is that this is yet another in AMDs recent string of PR stunts to boslter is public image.

Im sure thbere are possiblities I havent thought of, but regardless, just as with K10, the next several months will prove whether fusion is real and performs well, or if both K10 and fusion are just paper tigers. If nothing else, they'll provide the Horde with more opportunities to place responsibility elsewhere.
March 31, 2007 6:21:22 PM

Quote:
April fools joke

unless they're doing a early aphril fools joke...
cause we're not even in aphril ( written this on march 31 )

March 31, 2007 6:58:59 PM

it is just like the AMDTI FX12000 story. It is obvious they are trying to copy that story. We all know Fusion wouldnt come out until 2009 at least.
March 31, 2007 7:26:26 PM

Yep, April fools...... in other news Intel is planning on scrapping the entire Core line and going back to Netburst :p 

Theres no way fusion could realistically work on 65nm.
March 31, 2007 8:23:04 PM

Quote:

Have you tried that

you want some salt and pepper with that :p  ?

You don't actually believe that story, do you vern???
March 31, 2007 8:25:50 PM

Legit? No, not really.. actually, not at all.
March 31, 2007 8:46:03 PM

Quote:

:oops:  . o O (ooohh, ahhhh, ooohh, water!!)
March 31, 2007 10:19:32 PM

Quote:
I seriously hope they can remove the bullet they forcefully injected into their own foot. :roll:

You mean after they get the foot out of their mouth?
March 31, 2007 10:32:11 PM

I'm saying nothing about the accuracy or quality of their aim. This is a company that tried to launch a card in December and missed. Tried to lauch it in January and missed. Tried to launch it again, and missed again. Who knows what they tried to do?

Oh yes, after watching their stock dip into the 12's yesterday before closing just barely in the 13's, some people might wonder if they're a bit suicidal lately. Not that I believe that, but I won't believe the R600 launch until the day it actually happens, with benchmarks in Tom's and Newegg advertizing it as in stock and for sale.
March 31, 2007 10:35:09 PM

Quote:

Yea I agree. Sounds too good to be true and highly doubt it is. You know the old saying "If it sounds to good to be true then most likely it is." If by chance that it is true then it would explain why AMD has been so quiet but I think it is more they are trying to keep from giving too much info out that would cause Intel to be even more aggressive than they are now.

Why is it so hard to believe? All it would take is not putting the GPU on the board but in a Socket F package.

It would be cool if true as that would mean there will be dual core K10 pretty soon.
March 31, 2007 11:10:24 PM

It too would of been cool too had we actually landed on teh moon, eh Baron? :lol: 
April 1, 2007 12:39:31 AM

Quote:
It too would of been cool too had we actually landed on teh moon, eh Baron? :lol: 

Grammatically incorrect barbs make you look rather foolish.

Wait a minute we didn't land on the moon? Wow, I'm glad I didn't get the Series.
:oops: 
April 1, 2007 1:14:35 AM

Love your location :lol: 
April 1, 2007 1:15:59 AM

Quote:

Grammatically incorrect barbs make you look rather foolish.

Wait a minute we didn't land on the moon? Wow, I'm glad I didn't get the Series.
:oops: 

Check the mirror Baron if you haven't won the crown you are in contention for the king of grammatical errors.
April 1, 2007 1:41:05 AM

Quote:

:oops:  . o O (ooohh, ahhhh, ooohh, water!!)

real men use jalapeño & hanabero sauces ¬_¬
a c 102 à CPUs
April 1, 2007 2:14:08 AM

Mmm kay, I figured that one out easily.

Hint #1: Pick the answer than is least likely to be chosen by an ATi fan.

Hint #2: For Hint #1, the answers all have to do with a certain competitor to ATi and not competitors of the parent company AMD (so no dreaming of Paul Otellini in a bunny suit.)

Hint #3: The 4-digit code corresponds to a certain foolish date in DDMM format.

Hint #4: Brute-forcing this takes only 625 combinations since there are four digits, each with 5 possibilities (5^4.) If you're not bright enough to use my other hints, you'll get it this way.
April 1, 2007 10:33:47 AM

Okay everyone, it was an april fool's joke. Here's the url that's explains it: http://www.techarp.com/0104.htm

Just goes to show you, Baron, that you'll take anything someone says about AMD as the truth, as long as it reflects possitively on them. What a butt munch.
April 1, 2007 12:00:37 PM

Well now,that could do with some more looking into.Hmmmm...the possibilities.

Dahak

AMD X2-4400+@2.6 TOLEDO
EVGA NF4 SLI MB
2X EVGA 7950GT KO IN SLI
4X 512MB CRUCIAL BALLISTIX DDR500
WD300GIG HD/SAMSUNG 250GIG HD
ACER 22IN WIDESCREEN LCD 1600X1200
THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER 850WATT PSU
COOLERMASTER MINI R120
3DMARK05 13,471
April 1, 2007 3:15:06 PM

Quote:

Don't you know that it is considered a serious offence to the chef to ask for salt and pepper? I'll just have to eat my words as they are! However, given the fact that this is an April Fool's, I don't think I'll spoil my dinner! :D 
!