Smokey

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2002
Guys, if anyone has any ideas please let me know. I have a 21inch Hitachi Superscan that worked great until I moved it (for my 4th party). When I set it back up, it looked funny.

Got G, got Biv, but no Roy. No red at all. Red items show as Black, and everything else is just "off". I messed with my display colors but editing Red does nothing. Hitachi help is on vacation till Monday, but am I screwed?

Can I just bang the thing or will I need to actually get something fixed?

Thanx

Life's a hole...dig it. - Joe Dirt

Smokey

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2002
I think the funniest thing is that after I cooled off from being livid with that funkin monitor, I started to convince myself that it wasn't so bad. I'm like,"If I turn up the gamma...". I actually tried to play RTCW (but only mildly owned) but could not see the red smoke from Axis airstrikes nor good I tell if dynamite was armed or not (ja voll!).

The only thing I did when I moved it was put it facedown on my bed for awhile. Could that have done it?

Smokey

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2002
I'm probably the only fool who had to work today, but in case anyone's reading this and has had a similar problem: most tech sites say in the majority of cases, either one of my pins is bent OR...my red gun is shot *sighs*.

I will try tonight to straighten the pins. If that don't work and the store I got it from says F-Off, I'm gonna try dropping it out the window (its like 93 pounds). Damn, that Hitachi Superscan Elite was purty for 240$.

Smokey

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2002
Final Diagnosis: CRT Neck. I actually got the red to come back for a while, but the connectors need to be re-soldered (is that spelled right?). I called my vendor and he said its happened before, in case any of you Hitachi owners ever have the same problem. They're replacing it for me.