reorganize start menu "all users" vs "current user"

I have seen several posts that address the question of how to
reorganize the start menu. However, all of these simply point to the
folder: \Documents and Settings\<insert username>\Start Menu\Programs

But none of the postings seem to address the issue that some of the
folders and shortcuts are maintained for all users in \Documents and
Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs.

So the question is: how does one mix and match folders and shortcuts
between the "All Users" folder and the folder belonging to the current
user. For example, if one word processor is available to all users,
and a second word processor was installed for use only by the current
user, how would one place both of these shortcuts in the same folder
within the start menu?

Thanks!
Peter

Mike

Splendid

Use the same folder name in both locations:
\Documents and Settings\<insert username>\Start Menu\Programs
\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs

So for example:
<insert username>\Start Menu\Programs\WP\Shortcut to WP for username
All Users\Start Menu\Programs\WP\Shortcut to WP for all

Would appear in the "WP" folder in the start menu, but only username would
see the both, and all other would see just WP for all.

"pete77r@hotmail.com" wrote:

> I have seen several posts that address the question of how to
> reorganize the start menu. However, all of these simply point to the
> folder: \Documents and Settings\<insert username>\Start Menu\Programs
>
> But none of the postings seem to address the issue that some of the
> folders and shortcuts are maintained for all users in \Documents and
> Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs.
>
> So the question is: how does one mix and match folders and shortcuts
> between the "All Users" folder and the folder belonging to the current
> user. For example, if one word processor is available to all users,
> and a second word processor was installed for use only by the current
> user, how would one place both of these shortcuts in the same folder
> within the start menu?
>
> Thanks!
> Peter

TRENDING THREADS