Sign in with
Your question

Undetectable Security Camera

Last response: in Components
March 31, 2007 7:42:13 PM

I work with three other people in a small office with one computer. The computer must remain on during the evening, so I want to set up a camera to monitor the office after hours. I think that an employee is trying to sabotage me. My plan is to set up a spy camera with a motion detector and have the video feed into the computer where it will be recorded.

The problem is that I cannot have the hardware/ software be detectable. I am hoping that there is an av receiver card that the wireless camera can use so that the receiver is not visible anywhere. Also, I need some software program that will work in the background of windows and will be undetectable.

Any ideas?
March 31, 2007 8:12:01 PM

hahahaha, im sorry if it is a serious matter to you, but i dont think people here specialize in security here. but i am sure you can find a small electronic store that sells the type of stuff you are lookin for...
OR, buy that logitech webcam that has a motion detector in it that follows movement, you can possibly hide it somewhere?
March 31, 2007 8:34:32 PM

Quote:
I work with three other people in a small office with one computer. The computer must remain on during the evening, so I want to set up a camera to monitor the office after hours. I think that an employee is trying to sabotage me. My plan is to set up a spy camera with a motion detector and have the video feed into the computer where it will be recorded.

The problem is that I cannot have the hardware/ software be detectable. I am hoping that there is an av receiver card that the wireless camera can use so that the receiver is not visible anywhere. Also, I need some software program that will work in the background of windows and will be undetectable.

Any ideas?

Yeah, you can get a Logitech camera (the latest one is the Ultra Vision which has nice quality)

or

You can go to d-link.com and they have a bunch of cameras and some of them are wireless which are nice one.
Related resources
March 31, 2007 9:00:40 PM

You could look into fiber optics.I hear there are a few good cameras to be had using that technology.I also hear they are very expensive.You can also get miniature camers that go into a wall or hide in a vent well.About all I can suggest.Oh and make sure it is set for motion detection,that way it won't use harddrive space needlessly and will only come on when someone passes in front of it's sensors.Goodluck.

Dahak

AMD X2-4400+@2.6 TOLEDO
EVGA NF4 SLI MB
2X EVGA 7950GT KO IN SLI
4X 512MB CRUCIAL BALLISTIX DDR500
WD300GIG HD/SAMSUNG 250GIG HD
ACER 22IN WIDESCREEN LCD 1600X1200
THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER 850WATT PSU
COOLERMASTER MINI R120
3DMARK05 13,471
March 31, 2007 9:02:16 PM

Quote:
i dont think people here specialize in security here.

Yes I know this is not a spy cam forum but I'm sure someone here has had the need for surveillance similar to this.

I don't need camera advice. I know what type of camera to get. Also, I just learned that a lot of software has motion detectors so I don't need that either. I am really just trying to find software that records video and is stealth/ undetectable so that the computer user does not know that it is there. None of the software that I have seen includes this feature.
March 31, 2007 9:10:22 PM

Right.

Best bet is to look at the Panasonic BL-C20's or BL-C30's. If you are US based you may find others in that range that you could use. I pick those because they are wireless. They also come with what Panasonic call "demo" software that allows the computer to recorder information from one camera. The software supports motion detection to reduce pointless recordings...

Also if you know how your network is configured you could open up a port on your router and have external access

Link http://panasonic.co.jp/pcc/products/en/netwkcam/index.html

I hope this helps...
March 31, 2007 9:45:51 PM

why not run the software as a service. unless they are looking for it you can hide it good...
March 31, 2007 10:39:54 PM

another option instead of getting a camera...
go see a psychologist... a better long term solution for your paranoia...
March 31, 2007 10:40:35 PM

In Aus, that would be illegal unless it were part of a strict, signed, corporate policy.

And yes, such devices do exist.
March 31, 2007 10:45:35 PM

Liar! just admit it! u wanna record ur sexy teenage daughter undress infront of the cam

THERE I GOT U! :lol: 
March 31, 2007 10:48:20 PM

Hey! can we please be serious here? someone is trying to sabotage this man! :roll:
April 1, 2007 12:42:01 AM

I guess this pathetic site is not moderated!

It is obvious that this is a joke to you all. That's fine, but I guess you nerds don't supervise government employees. This sort of situation is not paranoia. Government union employees do plot against management. But your probably living in your bong anyway, right?

And I'm not trying to get your legal advise either. I was trying to get hardware advice.

Tom's Hardware Sucks!!!
April 1, 2007 12:54:40 AM

Hmmm... You come here to ask people for advice on a subject that is unethical, immoral and probably illegal and expect respect?

Try the NSA...
April 1, 2007 1:21:42 AM

Quote:
I guess this pathetic site is not moderated!

It is obvious that this is a joke to you all. That's fine, but I guess you nerds don't supervise government employees. This sort of situation is not paranoia. Government union employees do plot against management. But your probably living in your bong anyway, right?

And I'm not trying to get your legal advise either. I was trying to get hardware advice.

Tom's Hardware Sucks!!!

BAN!
!