sarahm

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2006
:?: activex doesnt seem to be cooperating at all. i am trying to update from microsofts website and when it says it needs activex control it doesnt do anything, just sits there. Am also trying to install norton and it wont install because of the activex problem. I have done a search on google and have found nothing to help me. How do I install activex or fix my problem so I can move on with this? Thanks for the help.

Oberon

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2004
A ZDNet reader that goes only by the name of John e-mailed me yesterday to remind me that today — April 11 2006 — is Internet Explorer's official Eolas day of reckoning. Going out in today's superpatch Tuesday batch of patches is an update to Internet Explorer that will disable frictionless operation of ActiveX plug-ins inside of Internet Explorer.

http://blogs.zdnet.com/BTL/?p=2868

sarahm

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2006
I downloaded firefox, but cant find the firefox with the plugins. I cant update my pc from microsoft or run an online virus scan from norton because I am not using internet explorer. can you direct me to the web page to download firefox with plugins? thanks.