is it just me or does the ps3 freaking lag!?!?!

lewbaseball07

Distinguished
May 25, 2006
ok for all you console noobs out there...GET A FREAKING COMPUTER!!!!!!!!

THE PS3 LAGS!!!!!!!!!!!! LIKE CRAZY....

SEE NOW...computers dont lag when you play them at

CONSOLE NOOBS GET OVER YOUR SELF..PLEASE!!!!!!!!

Diabetic1

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2006
Ermm, ok.

Now I'm no PS3/console fanboi, and I happen to agree that gaming is best on a PC, but come one - surely you could have spent a tad more time organising your post so that it contained at least a tad bit of grammar / factual evidence.

fender22

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2007
I think you will get flamed.. But I'd have to say that the PCs do in fact lag.. Most PCs would run to the corner and cry if u tried to play any current games like the PS3 runs.. I do believe gaming is better on the PC, but I doubt the PS3 lagggs all too bad.. I mean, every game for it has been tested and tested again to ensure the optimum settings so not to lag.. I don't much believe in console gaming as real gaming so much, but you are just being over the top and probably bashing the PS3 for other reasons not presented in your argument here..

billystringer

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2006
To each his own Lew (Lou, Loo(n)?)! If you hate the PS3 that's fine, but for most of the Joneses out there, the price of a pc that doesn't lag is out of reach. The price of a single graphics card that runs buttery smooth is nearly that of the PS3 by itself. Even if it does lag, that fact alone will keep consoles alive and well.

-The String

fender22

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2007
To each his own Lew (Lou, Loo(n)?)! If you hate the PS3 that's fine, but for most of the Jones out there, the price of a pc that doesn't lag is out of reach. The price of a single graphics card that runs buttery smooth is nearly that of the PS3 by itself. Even if it does lag, that fact alone will keep consoles alive and well.

-The String

Thats pretty much it..

laytons

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2007
yah the 360 has been laggin and glitchen left and right since the beginning they are just now getting it working smooth. You only have 1 chance to get a console right but pcs are given another chance whenever new hardware comes out.

lewbaseball07

Distinguished
May 25, 2006
ya i get your point

if you dont have the money for a core 2 duo and 8800gtx than get a ps3

but....why do all these console companies rush the consoles out?

spec wise isnt a 360 better than a ps3?(except for the cell processor when it gets corrected for perfection,but processors arent a huge part of gaming)

360 has the equalvalent of a oced x1900xtx in it(which if iam not wrong i heard it was dx10)

and the ps3 has the equalvalent of a 7800gtx?

fender22

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2007
umm I think the 360 is around a x1800.. and its not really dx10, it has features of unified shaders stuff, and is the first of its kind, fist gpu to have these features.. And I think the PS3 is around 7900GTX... But one thing I tend to notice in colsoles, is the ammount of ram is less, but it is very fast ram DRR3 and 4, maybe its GDDR? Idk..

chedrz

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2006
Neither the 7800GTX or x1900xtx are DX10-compliant. I'm pretty sure that both consoles are actually not DX10-compliant, either. I'd provide links to back that up, but I'm lazy, and if you doubt it, go check the net. You'll find plenty of articles covering the lack of DX10 for both systems.

And what makes you think that consoles are rushed out? If a game lags, it's not necessarily due to the hardware in a console, it's due to the actual coding of the game itself. It's not like MS and Sony develop every single game that comes out for their systems...If you want something rendered to look rediculously good (a la Gears of War), you'll eventually hit a point where framerates suffer. Usually, it's not something that's a big deal. Most games don't lag...but a few do for a few seconds. And if a game looks like something I'd see walking down the streets, I'm not going to care if I see occasional lag. I mean, as long as it's completely playable, who really cares?

umm I think the 360 is around a x1800.. and its not really dx10,[/ it has features of unified shaders stuff, and is the first of its kind, fist gpu to have these features.. And I think the PS3 is around 7900GTX... But one thing I tend to notice in colsoles, is the ammount of ram is less, but it is very fast ram DRR3 and 4, maybe its GDDR? Idk..

Stop guessing.
The R500/Xenos in the X360 is not around an X1800, they are just completely different, performance better and worse depending on the situation.

The RSX in the PS3 is not around a GF7900GTX, it's actually exactly like a GF7900GT on 90nm with 128bit memory.

So don't paint some stupid guess where the RSX>Xenos, because in reality it's the other way around, the Xenos>RSX.

As for RAM and other things, wanna know more use www.gooogle.com and maybe check the nice write-up @ Beyond3D on the Xenos.

As for the OP, who cares. Enough with the console/PC threads !!
dtefm9.gif

robwright

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2006
I'm obviously not a PS3 fanboy either, but jeez...you make it sound like you've never experience lag on a PC, which I find hard to believe.

One thing I will say in defense of the PS3 is the PlayStation Network has so far been virtually flawless for online multiplayer. Makes Resistance a whole lot more fun when you have 40-player death matches and never have to worry about crashing, lags, or other BS.

fender22

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2007
umm I think the 360 is around a x1800.. and its not really dx10,[/ it has features of unified shaders stuff, and is the first of its kind, fist gpu to have these features.. And I think the PS3 is around 7900GTX... But one thing I tend to notice in colsoles, is the ammount of ram is less, but it is very fast ram DRR3 and 4, maybe its GDDR? Idk..

Stop guessing.
The R500/Xenos in the X360 is not around an X1800, they are just completely different, performance better and worse depending on the situation.

The RSX in the PS3 is not around a GF7900GTX, it's actually exactly like a GF7900GT on 90nm with 128bit memory.

So don't paint some stupid guess where the RSX>Xenos, because in reality it's the other way around, the Xenos>RSX.

As for RAM and other things, wanna know more use www.gooogle.com and maybe check the nice write-up @ Beyond3D on the Xenos.

As for the OP, who cares. Enough with the console/PC threads !!
dtefm9.gif

8O lol sry

Eviltwin17

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2006
wow, you are a dedicated poster to toms hardware forums and you say the PC doesn't lag? where did you pull that out of, your ass?

PC's do lag, even the best ones lag at times......cough* supreme commander cough*

the next time you post something give a little more evidence with your claim such as what game you played and what you mean by lag. Maybe your just trying to play online but your internet connection sucks. Maybe you are playing oblivion, which destroys even the most powerful PC's at times.

might as well delete this topic

thechristopher

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2006
PC's dont lag?

Everything lags under load even a 24 processor blade server lags when you max it out even a cluster of them.

Stupid stupid thread