Sapphire ati 1950 pro 256mb , bios update failed

gravis

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2007
Hello guys,
i have problem. I have sappire 1950 pro 256mb , i try to update bios with ati winflash -p f sa99902.007, and then, after reboot, my monitor is black, and i get the message that i have not connected the power cord to the card.! when i remove the power cord , i enter to the windows but without screen..
What i should do?, it is possible someone with tha same card to send me the old bios ?

meljor

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2006
find an old pci card and download your bios. than using the same pci card you can flash your x1950pro. just make sure you flash the right videocard... otherwise you have to search for a pci card again :lol:

good luck!

gravis

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2007
because i have a laptop , it is possible from laptop to get through to other PC and update again the firmware?

misiu_mp

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2006
Actually it is fully possible to start the computer whithout the graphics card working and then use some form of remote login to do the flashing.

Its straight forward operation in linux using ssh. Dont know about windows but if you had set the remote login there before it happend then you should be able to do it too.

randomizer

Champion
I'd send you mine but... its a powercolor and probably has a different BIOS. If it doesnt then I'll try and send it. But your going to have to find out first.

EDIT: You do have the power cord connected dont you?

EDIT: Nvm just needed to re-read the first post.

randomizer

Champion
RMA the card and say its faulty, how is a retailer going to know you screwed a BIOS update? Especially when they cant see anything onscreen (unless they got a PCI card lying around)

Btw video card BIOS updates arent really necessary unlike mobo BIOS updates, you dont usually gain much.

misiu_mp

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2006
^won't work, that program has to be run from dos (i think) and there is no dos RA programs, simply much easier to use a pci card.

yes it is easier IF such a card is availible.
Name winflash suggests its a win program.