sarahm

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2006
I have recently restored from Nero Backup some files off of a disk for a customer as she cant open them. When I restore them they come up as PHP files. I have microsoft picture it 7 on my pc, but when I try to open them with this it tells me "cant open file". Does anyone have a clue what I need to open these files with so my customer can use them. Its for a busienss. Thanks.

Oberon

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2004
Can you right click on the file and open it with notepad or word pad. Also what is the extension on the files. That will help us know what type of file it really is.

sarahm

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2006
the file extention says php file. They are some kind of art file, that she created. She does window painting and these are files she created. I am wondering if I maybe have the wrong microsoft picture it loaded on my pc...
It opens with word, but all you see is a bunch of crap on the screen, I suppose beings its a art type file, not words.

Oberon

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2004
Not sure about Picture It supportingthe php format. If you have DreamWeaver it supports php. I use that and have no problems opening php files. You can check to see if they have a pluging for Picture It to open php files.