Outlook still running in background

I have MS Outlook as my preferred email program. However, when I close the
program, and check Cntl-Alt-Del, it still runs and Winword is running too.
Does this mean there is something trying to or accomplishing an access of my
email program?
Thanks for anyone who could explain this to me.

On Thu, 7 Apr 2005 05:01:04 -0700, "MtnKitty68"
<MtnKitty68@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>I have MS Outlook as my preferred email program. However, when I close the
>program, and check Cntl-Alt-Del, it still runs and Winword is running too.
>Does this mean there is something trying to or accomplishing an access of my
>email program? Thanks for anyone who could explain this to me.

http://search.microsoft.com/search/search.aspx?st=b&View=en-us
try this link (a good site to bookmark) and enter

outlook running

then look at the article "outlook continues to run..." to see
if that matches your situation (or scroll on to other articles)

John Thomas Smith
http://www.direct2usales.com
http://www.pacifier.com/~jtsmith

In Outlook go to Tools menu and uncheck "Use Word as Email Editor".

"MtnKitty68" wrote:

> I have MS Outlook as my preferred email program. However, when I close the
> program, and check Cntl-Alt-Del, it still runs and Winword is running too.
> Does this mean there is something trying to or accomplishing an access of my
> email program?
> Thanks for anyone who could explain this to me.

TRENDING THREADS