fonts

June 28, 2005 6:51:09 PM

how do i make my own fonts for my Pocket PC?

More about : fonts

Anonymous
June 28, 2005 6:51:10 PM

>> how do i make my own fonts for my Pocket PC? <<

Assuming you mean creating fonts from scratch, use any TrueType font
generator.

Once done, copy the finished fonts to the \windows\fonts directory

Beverly Howard [MS MVP-Mobile Devices]
Anonymous
June 28, 2005 6:58:50 PM

If you only need to make a small number of characters, and not specify a
whole custom font file, you can use EUDCEdit on the desktop to create an end
user defined font file and then put that on the device, activating it using
EnableEUDC. You'll only be able to specify custom glyphs in the end user
defined character ranges.

Gary Daniels
Windows CE Multimedia and Graphics

You assume all risk for your use.

message news:uoO0cZBfFHA.1400@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> >> how do i make my own fonts for my Pocket PC? <<
>
> Assuming you mean creating fonts from scratch, use any TrueType font
> generator.
>
> Once done, copy the finished fonts to the \windows\fonts directory

June 29, 2005 12:37:54 AM

"Steven Wabik" <Stevenw45@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:o UB8oJBfFHA.688@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> how do i make my own fonts for my Pocket PC?

The same way as you would for a PC. Try a web search for any software that
will help you. It'd be easier to find a tt font and copy that to your ppc.
There are sites that provide free fonts, or if you have particular needs you
may be able to find a font- I'd guess newsgroups about dtp packages may be
worth trying as they are the ones most likely to be able to help.
Anonymous
June 29, 2005 1:53:21 AM

can i have a link to the application?

message news:uoO0cZBfFHA.1400@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> >> how do i make my own fonts for my Pocket PC? <<
>
> Assuming you mean creating fonts from scratch, use any TrueType font
> generator.
>
> Once done, copy the finished fonts to the \windows\fonts directory

June 29, 2005 1:53:22 AM

>> can i have a link to the application? <<

It's "google time"

....I have to assume that you know more than I do as I have determine
that creating new fonts is far beyond my capabilities.

Beverly Howard [MS MVP-Mobile Devices]
Anonymous
June 29, 2005 5:57:08 PM

is it possible to copy a font from my PC to my PPC and be able to use it?

"Steven Wabik" <Stevenw45@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:o UB8oJBfFHA.688@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> how do i make my own fonts for my Pocket PC?

Anonymous
June 29, 2005 11:40:16 PM

yes, copy it to the fonts directory on your ppc

!