11thzone

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2006
I am trying to play a DVD i made with vegas that currently works on all home players ive used, plus other computers, including my laptop. im trying to use windows media on my moms work computer player but so far no luck. Basicly this is what im working with:

Windows XP-WMP version 10, sevice pack 1a installed-a homemade DVD(not a illegall movie copy but a collection of home movie clips)-an external iomega DVD burner model Super DVD 16x16-and alot of frustration! Ive tried installing an Mpeg-2 codec patch, but so far nothing has worked.

any help would be greatly appreciated-and if this is posted in the wrong forum catagory, sorry im a newbie to this site.

jesse

Jaxon66

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2006
I am trying to play a DVD i made with vegas that currently works on all home players ive used, plus other computers, including my laptop. im trying to use windows media on my moms work computer player but so far no luck. Basicly this is what im working with:

Windows XP-WMP version 10, sevice pack 1a installed-a homemade DVD(not a illegall movie copy but a collection of home movie clips)-an external iomega DVD burner model Super DVD 16x16-and alot of frustration! Ive tried installing an Mpeg-2 codec patch, but so far nothing has worked.

any help would be greatly appreciated-and if this is posted in the wrong forum catagory, sorry im a newbie to this site.

jesse

try downloading free klite codec pack.

WMP doesn't come with a DVD codec... that either comes with your DVD drive or with software purchased separately. That external drive should have come with some software for DVD playback.