john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

My pc has been freezing when left inattended lately .I have noticed the
following error meaasge today for the first time:

Kernal_Data_Inpage_error

0x00000007A(0xC02018884....Thats all I got before it closed.

Advise Please.

Stop 0x0000007A or KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/Windows/XP/all/reskit/en-us/Default.asp?url=/resources/documentation/Windows/XP/all/reskit/en-us/prmd_stp_fvlq.asp

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"john" <fionnkool@eircom.net> wrote in message
> My pc has been freezing when left inattended lately .I have noticed the following
> error meaasge today for the first time:
>
> Kernal_Data_Inpage_error
>
> 0x00000007A(0xC02018884....Thats all I got before it closed.
>
> Advise Please.

"john" <fionnkool@eircom.net> wrote:

>My pc has been freezing when left inattended lately .I have noticed the
>following error meaasge today for the first time:
>
>Kernal_Data_Inpage_error
>
>0x00000007A(0xC02018884....Thats all I got before it closed.
>
>Advise Please.

Why were you unable to get the rest of the error message? Did the
computer reboot? If it did then open Control Panel - System -
Advanced and click on the Settings button in the Startup and Recovery
(bottom) section. In the Startup and Recovery window click on the
checkbox for "Automatically restart" to clear it then click on Apply
and OK as needed to exit.

For more information about your specific error message see MVP Jim
Eshelman's web page for STOP errors at
http://www.aumha.org/win5/kbestop.htm

In particular you might find the Windows XP Resource Kit section,
linked from Jim's web page, useful in helping to diagnose the
underlying cause of the problem.

Good luck

Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--