stryoftheyearxx

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2006
How much do you think Windows Vista be? I plan on upgrading to it, but dont want to waste a whole lot of money. I've read that it might be $99 but there really isn't a clear answer. What do you guys think?

mesarectifier

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2006
There's no way to tell yet. All the Vista questions are almost unanswerable due to the fact that it's not out for another 9 months.

If you go by what XP was when it first came out, plus or minus $25 that's my best guess, but I doubt you'll get any firm answers.

llama_man

Splendid
Jan 12, 2006
$99 is what - about £60? That could well be the price for OEM Home Edition. In the UK WinXP Home Edition OEM sells for about £55 (what I paid for it). A boxed, retail version is roughly double that.

Vista will probably be roughly the same I expect, but I wouldn't be surprised if it sells at a premium at first for the retail version (to rip-off early adopters who can't wait to be Beta-testers). They won't price it too high for OEM as Microsoft will want the main system builders to include Vista on their machines (it'll be embarassing for MS if they don't).

There will be many flavours of Vista, though, and I doubt if even Microsoft have the prices finalised yet.

TRENDING THREADS