Super Reflexes, Elude

Last response: in Video Games
February 15, 2005 2:21:47 AM

OK, I've made it past lvl 40, and now have elude, and 2 respeces.
Should I get rid of my active defences or the passive ones, or
keep both????? I'd like to keep the active ones, so if I run a
lower level mission, I won't die too easy, but if at the higher
level, I'm going to be running Elude all the time, it would allow
me to get other powers. Any suggestions would be listened too!

Thanks,
/ David Simpson \
| City of Heroes, Basic Stamp, RPGs, War Games |
| dsimpson@NOnyxSPAM.net |
| http://www.nyx.net/~dsimpson |
\____________________________________________/

More about : super reflexes elude

Anonymous
February 19, 2005 5:30:14 PM

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 23:21:47 GMT, David Simpson
<dsimpson@NOnyx.SPAMnet> wrote:

>OK, I've made it past lvl 40, and now have elude, and 2 respeces.
>Should I get rid of my active defences or the passive ones, or
>keep both????? I'd like to keep the active ones, so if I run a
>lower level mission, I won't die too easy, but if at the higher
>level, I'm going to be running Elude all the time, it would allow
>me to get other powers. Any suggestions would be listened too!

I have a 49 Katana/SR scrapper, and I went with Perma Elude. Because
of my other power choices, I was left with the choice(s) of which
defensive abilities to skip. The way I went, I skipped Dodge, and
managed to take all of the rest. The passive defenses are about half
as good as the active ones. Ideally ,you want both, but if yoiu have
to sacrifice one, my personal feeling is that you should sacrifice the
passive ones.

Now, granted, you didnt' say that you went with Perma-Elude, and i
have no experience with fighting AVs with it being non-permanent.
Post 40, you will find that you will be facing a lot of AVs. And I
can't see your passive defenses being enough to keep you alive in
thse fights when elude drops.

Anyway, that's just my 2 cents. Personally, because I didn't have
enough slots left to fully slot either Evasion or Focused Senses, I
ended up by taking both Agile and Lucky to partly make up for this..
Also, because I dropped Superspeed for Fly and Air Superiority, that
left me having to drop one of my defenses, so I chose to drop Dodge.

Those were just my choices --- don't feel like you have to do the
same. I know that almost every time that I listened to people's advice
on my build, I ended up regretting it. Maybe it was because they
didnt' know what they were talking about, or maybe it was because my
play style was entirely different than of those that were giving that
advice. I don't know, and it doesn't matter. So I would just listen
to what everyone has to say, and then do what you want anyway.
Anonymous
February 20, 2005 1:24:58 AM

Graham Zaretsky <grahamz@ameritech.net> wrote in

> On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 23:21:47 GMT, David Simpson
><dsimpson@NOnyx.SPAMnet> wrote:
>

>>OK, I've made it past lvl 40, and now have elude, and 2 respeces.
>>Should I get rid of my active defences or the passive ones, or
>>keep both????? I'd like to keep the active ones, so if I run a
>>lower level mission, I won't die too easy, but if at the higher
>>level, I'm going to be running Elude all the time, it would allow
>>me to get other powers. Any suggestions would be listened too!
>
> I have a 49 Katana/SR scrapper, and I went with Perma Elude.

OK, 2 questions:

1. How do you get Prma Elude

B) What do you do when your endurance drops to zero?

Thanks for the other input.
Anonymous
February 21, 2005 6:11:15 PM

Graham Zaretsky wrote:

> BTW, I just hit 50 yesterday.

Cool! Congratulations.
Anonymous
February 22, 2005 2:06:24 AM

On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 22:24:58 -0600, David Simpson
<dsimpson@NOnyx.SPAMnet> wrote:

>Graham Zaretsky <grahamz@ameritech.net> wrote in
>
>> On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 23:21:47 GMT, David Simpson
>><dsimpson@NOnyx.SPAMnet> wrote:
>>

>>>OK, I've made it past lvl 40, and now have elude, and 2 respeces.
>>>Should I get rid of my active defences or the passive ones, or
>>>keep both????? I'd like to keep the active ones, so if I run a
>>>lower level mission, I won't die too easy, but if at the higher
>>>level, I'm going to be running Elude all the time, it would allow
>>>me to get other powers. Any suggestions would be listened too!
>>
>> I have a 49 Katana/SR scrapper, and I went with Perma Elude.
>
>OK, 2 questions:
>
>1. How do you get Prma Elude
>
>B) What do you do when your endurance drops to zero?
>

>Thanks for the other input.

It depends on whether you have Quickness or not. With quickness, I
was able to get Perma-Elude with 6 recharges in Hasten (i.e.
Perma-Hasten), and 4 recharges in Elude. Without Quickness, I imagine
that you'll only need 1 more (5). I also have 2 defense Enhs in
Elude.

What I do is, during the fight, if the fight goes longer than 2
minutes (the length that Elude lasts), I watch for it to pop back up
again. I have enough time to reactivate it before it drops.
Endurance will still drop at the 2-minute mark, so its good to have a
few CaBs always around. Note that even if I run out,, Elude itself
takes zero or close to zero endurance to activate, so I'll probably be
ok. I don't reactivate my toggles until I have a safe buffer of
endurance to do so. Also, I took Conserve Energy at 41, so that
helps a lot.

Note also that I tend to group at least 2/3rds of the time (actually
more often than that now, since my SG seems to be getting better about
grouping together lately)., And I always save my AV missions for the
times that I group.

BTW, I just hit 50 yesterday.
!