RMTLO.DLL -- What is it?

My hard drive is getting very full. I took a look at what I could delete and
found five files in C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ that are taking up a total of 10 GB
of disk space!

I have no idea what they are or if I can delete them. I sure would like to.

Does anyone know what they are?

They all start with the same first part of the name:

RMTLO.DLL

One of them, for example, is named

RMTLO.DLL 2004-w15

Any ideas anyone?
--
-LLiioonneell

Right click the file, and click Properties at the bottom. Is there a
"Version" tab in that window? Does it contain any descriptive info, like a
company name, product name, etc.?

Michael Katz
[Microsoft MVP - MSN Client]
"There's no I in 'team' but there is 'me'"
http://msmvps.com/msntral

This posting is provided 'AS IS' with no warranties, and confers no rights.

"Lionel Goulet" <lionel_goulet@nospam.nospam> wrote in message
> My hard drive is getting very full. I took a look at what I could delete
> and
> found five files in C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ that are taking up a total of 10
> GB of disk space!
>
> I have no idea what they are or if I can delete them. I sure would like
> to.
>
> Does anyone know what they are?
>
> They all start with the same first part of the name:
>
> RMTLO.DLL
>
> One of them, for example, is named
>
> RMTLO.DLL 2004-w15
>
> Any ideas anyone?
> --
> -LLiioonneell

> > RMTLO.DLL
> >
> > One of them, for example, is named
> >
> > RMTLO.DLL 2004-w15
> >
> > Any ideas anyone?
> > --
> > -LLiioonneell

someone will be along in a minute with good advice, but while you
wait, i can tell you that there is no way in a fit you should have 10gig
of "files" in that folder.
you definately have an issue.

I agree. I'd just like to know what the file is, and whether there's some
attached authorship. My usual search of the web found nothing related to any
RMTLO.dll.

"A K Mendel" <Mendel@netcity.com> wrote in message
>> > RMTLO.DLL
>> >
>> > One of them, for example, is named
>> >
>> > RMTLO.DLL 2004-w15
>> >
>> > Any ideas anyone?
>> > --
>> > -LLiioonneell
>> >

> someone will be along in a minute with good advice, but while you
> wait, i can tell you that there is no way in a fit you should have 10gig
> of "files" in that folder.
> you definately have an issue.

I'll get back to you both later today (Monday). The files are on my laptop.
My laptop's in my car. It's cold outside. I'm still in my PJ's. Perhaps
that's more than you wanted to know. Thanks for your interest. Please stay
tuned.

"Michael Katz [MVP]" <michaelk[at]mvps.org> wrote in message
>I agree. I'd just like to know what the file is, and whether there's some
>attached authorship. My usual search of the web found nothing related to
>any RMTLO.dll.

> Michael Katz
> [Microsoft MVP - MSN Client]
> "There's no I in 'team' but there is 'me'"
> http://msmvps.com/msntral
>
> This posting is provided 'AS IS' with no warranties, and confers no
> rights.
>

> "A K Mendel" <Mendel@netcity.com> wrote in message

>> someone will be along in a minute with good advice, but while you
>> wait, i can tell you that there is no way in a fit you should have 10gig
>> of "files" in that folder.
>> you definately have an issue.

Gentlemen:

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you on this. Obviously it's not the
biggest problem in my universe.

The files contain no identifying information behind the "properties" window.
Nothing. No version, no author, no copyright date, nada.

Wish I had more info for you.

I'm going to re-name these things and see if anything breaks. All in favor,
say "Aye."

-LLiioonneell