Changing Link Targets for My DOCS, MUSIC, PICTURES, Ect.

Hi,

I have Windows XP Pro and want to point the My Music and My Pictures
links in the start bar to a folder on a different hard drive.

I have the My Documents link working. But the other two folders still
point to the C: drive and I cannot get them to point to the D:
directories I want them too even with registry corrections.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

frank

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Its a bit long winded compared to doing it in windows 2000. What you need to
do is open my computer and navigate to the folder on your other drive (the
one you want to put your my pictures folder into). Then open my computer in
a new window and simply drag your my pictures folder into the folder on your
other drive. XP will automatically update all references in the start menu
etc.
That should do it.
Frank Hayward
http://www.apricot.topfreewebhosting.com
frank_hayward@hotmail.com

"DaVinci" <DaVinci@Athens.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have Windows XP Pro and want to point the My Music and My Pictures
> links in the start bar to a folder on a different hard drive.
>
> I have the My Documents link working. But the other two folders still
> point to the C: drive and I cannot get them to point to the D:
> directories I want them too even with registry corrections.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks.

"DaVinci" <DaVinci@Athens.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have Windows XP Pro and want to point the My Music and My Pictures
> links in the start bar to a folder on a different hard drive.
>
> I have the My Documents link working. But the other two folders still
> point to the C: drive and I cannot get them to point to the D:
> directories I want them too even with registry corrections.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks.

How did you go about changing the path to My Documents? If you Right click
My Documents on the Desktop you can alter the location of it to anywhere on
your PC and the My Pictures and My Music folders follow it as they are sub
folders in My Document. I was using the Classic Start menu when I did that,
I just changed to the ordinary XP Start Menu and checked the properties of
My Music and My Pictures and confirmed that they were on my F partition
inside My Documents so it does work.

Rob