Changing Link Targets for My DOCS, MUSIC, PICTURES, Ect.

Hi,

I have Windows XP Pro and want to point the My Music and My Pictures
links in the start bar to a folder on a different hard drive.

I have the My Documents link working. But the other two folders still
point to the C: drive and I cannot get them to point to the D:
directories I want them too even with registry corrections.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
2 answers Last reply
More about changing link targets docs music pictures

    Its a bit long winded compared to doing it in windows 2000. What you need to
    do is open my computer and navigate to the folder on your other drive (the
    one you want to put your my pictures folder into). Then open my computer in
    a new window and simply drag your my pictures folder into the folder on your
    other drive. XP will automatically update all references in the start menu
    etc.
    That should do it.
    Frank Hayward
    http://www.apricot.topfreewebhosting.com
    frank_hayward@hotmail.com

    "DaVinci" <DaVinci@Athens.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have Windows XP Pro and want to point the My Music and My Pictures
    > links in the start bar to a folder on a different hard drive.
    >
    > I have the My Documents link working. But the other two folders still
    > point to the C: drive and I cannot get them to point to the D:
    > directories I want them too even with registry corrections.
    >
    > Any ideas?
    >
    > Thanks.

    "DaVinci" <DaVinci@Athens.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have Windows XP Pro and want to point the My Music and My Pictures
    > links in the start bar to a folder on a different hard drive.
    >
    > I have the My Documents link working. But the other two folders still
    > point to the C: drive and I cannot get them to point to the D:
    > directories I want them too even with registry corrections.
    >
    > Any ideas?
    >
    > Thanks.

    How did you go about changing the path to My Documents? If you Right click
    My Documents on the Desktop you can alter the location of it to anywhere on
    your PC and the My Pictures and My Music folders follow it as they are sub
    folders in My Document. I was using the Classic Start menu when I did that,
    I just changed to the ordinary XP Start Menu and checked the properties of
    My Music and My Pictures and confirmed that they were on my F partition
    inside My Documents so it does work.

    Rob

Music Windows XP