Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Minimizing an application to the sysytem tray

Tags:
Last response: in Windows 7
July 24, 2011 8:08:37 PM

I have noticed that when I close some programs, like HardDiskSentinal (by clicking the red "X" in the upper right corner) that they do not actually close, but instead minimize into the system tray. I was wondering if there was a way to make any application do this. If possible I would like to do this without installing another application. Thank you for any help you can provide.
July 26, 2011 4:35:01 PM

That makes no sense whatsoever. Why did you even bother posting that at all? That's like me asking what time it is, and you telling me that I look good in jeans.
m
l

Best solution

a c 209 $ Windows 7
July 26, 2011 4:38:49 PM

The ability to show an icon in the system tray is something that has to be built into the program because the program needs to use a certain set of API calls to Windows to do it. If the program doesn't have a function to do that then there's no way I'm aware of to make it show up there.
Related resources
July 26, 2011 6:33:45 PM

Oh well, I was hoping there was a way to do this from within Windows. I ran into a program that will allow me to do it, but for reasons not worth getting into it really won't work for me right now. Thanks again for the help sminlal.
m
l
July 26, 2011 6:33:52 PM

Best answer selected by jsanthara.
m
l
!