Minimizing an application to the sysytem tray

jsanthara

Distinguished
May 17, 2011
I have noticed that when I close some programs, like HardDiskSentinal (by clicking the red "X" in the upper right corner) that they do not actually close, but instead minimize into the system tray. I was wondering if there was a way to make any application do this. If possible I would like to do this without installing another application. Thank you for any help you can provide.

Solution
The ability to show an icon in the system tray is something that has to be built into the program because the program needs to use a certain set of API calls to Windows to do it. If the program doesn't have a function to do that then there's no way I'm aware of to make it show up there.
The ability to show an icon in the system tray is something that has to be built into the program because the program needs to use a certain set of API calls to Windows to do it. If the program doesn't have a function to do that then there's no way I'm aware of to make it show up there.

Solution

jsanthara

Distinguished
May 17, 2011
Oh well, I was hoping there was a way to do this from within Windows. I ran into a program that will allow me to do it, but for reasons not worth getting into it really won't work for me right now. Thanks again for the help sminlal.