Service pack errors

hi everyone :)

I had to restore my computer to factory settings about 2 weeks ago.
I had downloaded sp1 to disc and installed it onto my computer, everything
was looking good.
Then another problem occured and i was told to restore my computer again
back to factory.

Ive done that but now when i try to install sp1 from that disc i keep
getting the same error being "could not verify the integrity of the file
update.inf. Make sure cryptographic service is running.
I went to msconfig and cryptograhic services said it was running.

i have no idea what so ever what the hell that error means AT ALL.
but without a sp on my computer i can not install office 2003 or norton!! So
basically my computer is totally useless in every way.

does anyone have any suggestions pwwwwwwwwwwwwease.

i have ordered sp 2 on disc but i was thinking if i cant load sp1 then maybe
when i do get these discs the same problem may occur.

thanking you heaps in advance!

In news:1A6C096F-57F6-4CA8-87D1-9465F8897182@microsoft.com,
The Aussie Girl <TheAussieGirl@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:

> I had to restore my computer to factory settings about 2 weeks
> ago.
> I had downloaded sp1 to disc and installed it onto my computer,
> everything was looking good.
> Then another problem occured and i was told to restore my
> computer
> again back to factory.
>
> Ive done that but now when i try to install sp1 from that disc
> i keep
> getting the same error being "could not verify the integrity of
> the
> file update.inf. Make sure cryptographic service is running.
> I went to msconfig and cryptograhic services said it was
> running.
>
> i have no idea what so ever what the hell that error means AT
> ALL.
> but without a sp on my computer i can not install office 2003
> or
> norton!! So basically my computer is totally useless in every
> way.

Read here: http://www.updatexp.com/cryptographic-service.html

Please reply to the newsgroup