babaghan

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2007
I have a new Striker Extreme and installed PC Probe II. I'm *really* new at this, not sure what to do, but I have a RED ALERT 8O on this 1.2VHT thingy. It looks like a voltage sensor or something and reads 1.49v. Evidenly, it should read closer to 1.2. Maybe I have something plugged in wrong? Windows occasionally acts funny but I've gotten used to that. What is this, where is it, and how can I correct the problem?

EDIT: I peeked into BIOS and the 1.2V HT is reading 1.48. Whatever this is, I want it fixed asap.

Windows Vista Ultimate
Intel Core 2 Duo E6600
BFG GeForce 8800 GTX OC
Corsair PC2-6400 DDR2-800 2GB
Western Digital 150GB Raptor X (OS)
Western Digital 320GB SATA x2 Raid 0 (Storage)
Sound Blaster Fatal1ty Xtreme Gamer Pro
Dell E207WFP & Samsung SyncMaster 213T
Asus Striker Extreme Motherboard
PC Power & Cooling Turbo-Cool 1KW-SR
Thermaltake Kandalf LCS VD4000WBS
Pioneer DVR-212D DVD/CD Writer

aoe

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2007
I Googled this link where someone else has posted his findings with the same motherboard. He states that when the BIOS setting for 1.2VHT is set to AUTO, then the board was upping the voltage to 1.5V. He recommends you manually set the voltage manually.

There may be some additional helpful advice regarding this board on that thread.

Hope this helps.

Omegavirus

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2007
I had the same problem with the asus P5N32-E Sli PLUS.

I also had to set it manually to 1.2 but it has been fixed in the newest bios update.

You could check to see if there is a newer bios for your board that fixes the over volting, if you want.

babaghan

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2007
I upgraded to 1004 a couple of days ago. In retrospect, I wonder how long this problem could have gone on if I hadn't downloaded PC Probe II? Not everyone downloads optional software. While researching this particular problem, I ran across a few people slamming PC Probe II. It may very well be a crappy program, but in my case, it alerted me to a potential problem I didn't even know existed before today. I was having an occasional problem with Windows crashing on restarts and hanging up during booting. Was it the over-voltage problem? Who can say? Only time will tell. Thanks for responding, Omegavirus.

rammedstein

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2006
might have been an over volt problem, as overvolting leads to overheating which leads to instability, i think the vht is one of the chipsets voltages, and they are generally normally hot so no surprise that they were overheating.

Omegavirus

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2007
I upgraded to 1004 a couple of days ago. In retrospect, I wonder how long this problem could have gone on if I hadn't downloaded PC Probe II? Not everyone downloads optional software. While researching this particular problem, I ran across a few people slamming PC Probe II. It may very well be a crappy program, but in my case, it alerted me to a potential problem I didn't even know existed before today. I was having an occasional problem with Windows crashing on restarts and hanging up during booting. Was it the over-voltage problem? Who can say? Only time will tell. Thanks for responding, Omegavirus.
Yeah I don't know if I would have caught it if it wasn't for pc probe II, atleast not for a good while probably

TRENDING THREADS