Richard

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

In the Save As screen:
when I go to save an image file, I am given two choices: JPEG and All
Files. (XP Pro)

A friend (XP Home) has: BMP and Art.

I seem to recall that when I was using WinMe the drop-down box offered
several formats for saving image files.

I'm obviously missing something here.

Any advice?

You should have both .jpg and .bmp
Try cleaning out your Temporary Internet Files. Go to Control
Panel->Internet Options. Click the button to Delete files

--

Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

"richard" <rmk@wonderland.net> wrote in message
> In the Save As screen:
> when I go to save an image file, I am given two choices: JPEG and All
> Files. (XP Pro)
>
> A friend (XP Home) has: BMP and Art.
>
> I seem to recall that when I was using WinMe the drop-down box offered
> several formats for saving image files.
>
> I'm obviously missing something here.
>
> Any advice?

johnf

As a temporary measure until you find the real problem, download Irfanview,
open the images with Irfnview which will save in just about any format
invented.

--

johnf