ummdav1d

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2006
So.. whenever I boot up my computer, I get an initial working network connection.. after about 1-3 seconds however, it stops, and without fail, everytime, my local area connection is disabled! I have no idea what's up with this. I tried uninstalling TCP/IP and reinstalling.. beyond that I guess I could try reinstalling the drivers. Anyone have any other insight?

ummdav1d

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2006
Thanks. I saw those on another forum. I ran the winsock test that comes with the windows support tools. It didn't appear to return any errors. Granted I really don't know exactly what winsock or lsp are. I think the problem might have been caused by my path variable. Now that I thinnk about it, I guess I did edit it (maybe the same time this error started?).

Anyways... this is my new path variable value:

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\;C:\Program Files\Support Tools\;c:\java\bin

Before, I had something similar. Some of the directories were surrouned by %'s.. I dunno. I figured that was normal. If anyone wants to teach me, I'm listening.

TRENDING THREADS