What's the huge download today?

What's the > 1.0 gig download today all about then? Issue 4 already?

On 15 Feb 2005 07:44:09 -0800, MarkH10178 <MarkHammerschmidt@yahoo.com> wrote:

> What's the > 1.0 gig download today all about then? Issue 4 already?

Are you sure it's a 1 gig download? And not just the post-download
dialogue saying "patching X of Y megabytes" after the download is
complete?

--
Chris Meadows aka | Homepage: http://www.terrania.us
Robotech_Master |

"MarkH10178" <MarkHammerschmidt@yahoo.com> wrote in

> What's the > 1.0 gig download today all about then? Issue 4 already?

According to the forums, the download is only 11.4 MB. What you are seeing
is the patching of the entire CoH game file. And, according to the forums,
it *is* very slow. No mention of what it is yet though.

--
Marcel

"Marcel Beaudoin" <mbeauINVALID@sympaINVALIDtico.ca> wrote in message
> "MarkH10178" <MarkHammerschmidt@yahoo.com> wrote in
>
> > What's the > 1.0 gig download today all about then? Issue 4 already?
>
> According to the forums, the download is only 11.4 MB. What you are seeing
> is the patching of the entire CoH game file. And, according to the forums,
> it *is* very slow. No mention of what it is yet though.
>

> --
> Marcel

I believe among the changes are supposed to be a bunch of updates to
incorrect mission text. Hopefully it will correct some missions where the
text says "Defeat all villains in..." when the mission really is "Click X
glowies".

"Andy Pear" <Andy_Pear@Spamhawk.com> looked up from reading the entrails
of the porn spammer to utter "The Augury is good, the signs say:

>"Marcel Beaudoin" <mbeauINVALID@sympaINVALIDtico.ca> wrote in message
>> "MarkH10178" <MarkHammerschmidt@yahoo.com> wrote in
>>
>> > What's the > 1.0 gig download today all about then? Issue 4 already?
>>
>> According to the forums, the download is only 11.4 MB. What you are seeing
>> is the patching of the entire CoH game file. And, according to the forums,
>> it *is* very slow. No mention of what it is yet though.
>>

>> --
>> Marcel
>
>I believe among the changes are supposed to be a bunch of updates to
>incorrect mission text. Hopefully it will correct some missions where the
>text says "Defeat all villains in..." when the mission really is "Click X
>glowies".

Those I don't

"Andy Pear" <Andy_Pear@Spamhawk.com> looked up from reading the entrails
of the porn spammer to utter "The Augury is good, the signs say:

>"Marcel Beaudoin" <mbeauINVALID@sympaINVALIDtico.ca> wrote in message
>> "MarkH10178" <MarkHammerschmidt@yahoo.com> wrote in
>>
>> > What's the > 1.0 gig download today all about then? Issue 4 already?
>>
>> According to the forums, the download is only 11.4 MB. What you are seeing
>> is the patching of the entire CoH game file. And, according to the forums,
>> it *is* very slow. No mention of what it is yet though.
>>

>> --
>> Marcel
>
>I believe among the changes are supposed to be a bunch of updates to
>incorrect mission text. Hopefully it will correct some missions where the
>text says "Defeat all villains in..." when the mission really is "Click X
>glowies".

Those I don't mind.

It's the ones that say "click the glowies" that don't finish because
they also have a hidden requirement to "defeat all villains in..." that
bug me.

Xocyll

In article <LurQd.21837$uc.19256@trnddc02>, Andy Pear wrote:
> "Marcel Beaudoin" <mbeauINVALID@sympaINVALIDtico.ca> wrote in message
>> "MarkH10178" <MarkHammerschmidt@yahoo.com> wrote in
>> > What's the > 1.0 gig download today all about then? Issue 4 already?
>> According to the forums, the download is only 11.4 MB. What you are seeing
>> is the patching of the entire CoH game file. And, according to the forums,
>> it *is* very slow. No mention of what it is yet though.
>
> I believe among the changes are supposed to be a bunch of updates to
> incorrect mission text. Hopefully it will correct some missions where the
> text says "Defeat all villains in..." when the mission really is "Click X
> glowies".

Actually, I would be more inclined to hope that it would change the
descriptions on the ones that seem to indicate limited objectives but
are actually defeat-all...

--
--- An' thou dost not get caught, do as thou wilt shall be the law ---
"Religion disperses like a fog, kingdoms perish, but the works of

Marcel Beaudoin wrote:
> "MarkH10178" <MarkHammerschmidt@yahoo.com> wrote in
>
>> What's the > 1.0 gig download today all about then? Issue 4 already?
>
> According to the forums, the download is only 11.4 MB. What you are seeing
> is the patching of the entire CoH game file. And, according to the forums,
> it *is* very slow. No mention of what it is yet though.

Well, I downloaded it and it only took a few minutes to patch after the
download finished and it's probably just the patch which went onto Test a
few days back since it's exactly the same size download.

--
| Victory Server: |
| Bex - Level 34 Blaster (Assault Rifle/Devices) |

sw <sw@eyrie.org> wrote:
> Actually, I would be more inclined to hope that it would change the
> descriptions on the ones that seem to indicate limited objectives but
> are actually defeat-all...

....and which you have no clue about until you've cleared all the objectives
and the damn mission won't end.

I pretty much go for kill-all on most missions anyway, as I'm ramped to
Invincible and the XP is awesome. But it's a PITA when I only have a few
minutes to play and figure I can do a quick tap-the-glowies run... not.

--
-= Victory Server =-
-= Sgt Glory B: Level 16 Tech Blaster, Electric/Energy, F =-